It's A Start

"We should get out of this biome, make makeshift tools, houses, food, beds." I counted off on my imaginary fingers, "Any objections?" No one bothered to argue with me. "Alrighty, now what do we do?" Squid was already scribbling numbers into the stone wall. We all stared at the focused Brit who hadn't payed any attention to us.

"What are doing?" Ash was the first to speak. Squid had momentarily looked up from his drawings then back to it. He had shaken out of his trance a second later backing away from the wall.

"I'm just... forget about it." He scratched the back of his neck. Rosie giggled after Squid started to blush.

"Okay then, how about we take turns going out to collect stuff." Finnball suggested. "All in favor say I." The cave was lit up by the sounds of voices. The one that was absent was Stampy.

"I am a scaredy cat. I'm shaking in my boots." He pretended to be overly frightened. Amy and I scoffed whilst the guys laughed. "You guys go first."

"Okay, I vote myself as to going first. Who's with me?" I raised my arm in the air waiting for a response.

"I guess I will." Ash grumbled.

"M'kay then, Squid will go second. Who's with him?" I embarrassed him even further.

"Me?" Squid sounded slightly annoyed. I twisted my lips into a smile.

"Yes, you. Rosie will go with you." I patted Rosie on the back slightly shoving her towards Squid.

"That just leaves Finnball, and Amy." My smile widened realizing I had put girls and boys together. I could see Finn tense up when I announced the teams.

"Right lets go (y/n)." Ash rushed me out of the cave tugging on my wrist. When we were out he scowled at me. "Why did you put the teams like that?!" He was clearly annoyed.

"I don't know, I wasn't thinking." I stared straight back at him. I stared at him until I started to stare behind him at our worst nightmare. "A-a-ash?" I stuttered backing away. He turned around to find the creeper was closer than he thought.

"We should definitely-" I pulled Ash forward running like there's no tomorrow.

"You should run faster! I hear cheese is very appetizing to creepers!" That made him match my speed. Once in a while he would glance over to me, winking.

"So, you come here often?!" He yelled in my direction. I mentally face palmed giving him a could-you-not-boy? Look. He returned it with a "No!"

<time skip>

We stopped running after several yards, panting. I was propped up against a birch tree, Ash was flat on the grass.

"Why did we run that far?" He asked between breaths. I shrugged too worn out to talk. Ash slowly sat up, cheese head in his hands.

"Do you think we can get back to the shelter?" I asked finally able to talk. Ash then stood wobbly at first, but then leaned against the tree with me. He shook his head signaling a no.

By now the sun had started to rise, all around us mobs started to burn. It was relieving to know we could scavenge in peace.

"This tree needs to go down." I broke the breathtaking silence. Ash laughed, and started to punch it down.

"Squid was right," I turned back to him, "Doesn't hurt at all." I chuckled with him moving on to my own birch tree. He was right, no wonder why Steve never took damage punching down trees.

After a while filled with small talk we gathered back together making tools.

"I'll start building, you can go mining or something." I offered Ash, he agreed giving me all the wood he had.

"Don't make the house too small." He was off with those few words. I turned placing the block right in front of where I stood.

"Let's make this house twelve by eight." I told myself thinking it was perfect for the two of us.