Squamy Intermission

Squid's POV:
It was a huge relief to know the two of them were alive. I knew it was real because I could hear the crunches from the apple skin. Of course I couldn't sit there without eating anything myself. I had made a fish sandwich from what we were carrying throughout the whole five days walking trip.

I was currently listening to Ash ramble about the palace that the two had created themselves. It was a shame we had to leave one paradise behind.

"Squid," Amy had placed a cubed hand on my back. "You good?" I simply nod blinking it off. I put down my sandwich hanging my head. A frown had sprouted on her face, I had the same look plastered onto my blocky face.

"According to (y/n) there was enough cobblestone to feed the starving kids in China." I continued to listen to Ash's commentary whilst thinking about our lost homes.

"And then you said, 'I would enjoy a rock stew right now.'" She imitated Ash's British accent then laughed straight after. Matter of fact all of them had, except me.

"Then there was this time where she went into my house. She came back out with half of my stuff!" Ash threw his hands in the air still siting in the booth in front of (y/n).

"I told you I needed to borrow some things." (Y/n) argued, and that was about the time I tuned them out.

I missed the tiny hotel Stampy had crafted for us, the S.S. Cakeload, the mechanical farm, the clinic, the mining hole I had set up camp in after the two went missing, the very cave. I loathed the other's village, but memories were held in the very walls. I couldn't just let it go.

"Could you get any cheesier?" Limey chuckled laying her head on the table, rocking it back and forth.

"Don't mean to rain on your parade, but where are we going?" I waited till after she lifted her cube head off the pressure plate table and I heard the audible click. All of my desired companions glared my way, I had definitely unleashed a thunderstorm.

"Not to mention the houses we built for you out of boredom and loneliness..." Ash mumbled, fake coughing into his balled, cubic fist. This comment made me laugh on the inside, maybe it wouldn't be so bad staying at their place. Besides, we had probably forgotten the way back to our old sleeping grounds. It was a four days walk back anyways. In some ways I had just thanked Amy, and the two for building our ghost's houses.