S1 EP7 - Denial

NEW ORLEANS
JULY 27, 21:57 CDT
Kent Nelson wandered through the streets. He eventually stopped by Madam Xanadu's. He opened his fob watch and stared at the image of a young woman. He walked into the shop where he was greeted by Madam Xanadu.

Madam Xanadu: Bonsoir, monsieur. How can Madam Xanadu be of service? Ah, there is someone to whom you wish to speak. Your wife, mais non?

Kent: Yes, my Inza.

Madam Xanadu: Then Madam will make contact if fate be kind.

Kent: Ah, but he so rarely is.

They both sit down at the table with the crystal ball.

Madam Xanadu: Ahem.

She extends her hand.

Kent: Oh, of course.

Kent hands Xanadu some money which she puts away. She closes her eyes, the ball begins to light up and the room begins to shake.

Madam Xanadu: Oh, my darling. How I've missed you. I'm so lonely here and cold.

Kent: Ha ha! Th-that's the best you could do?

All the shaking and lights stops.

Madam Xanadu: Imbecile! You have broken the spell. Your wife is forever lost.

Kent: That was supposed to be my wife? Heck, my little spitfire would have kicked my can for throwing away good money on you.

Madam Xanadu: No refunds for nonbelievers.

Kent: I think we both know you're the nonbeliever, Madam. A wind machine. Tire jacks under the table. A shame, too. You have the perfect aura for the work, and nothing would have pleased me more than to be reunited with my bride.

Abra Kadabra: You will be with her soon enough.

The villain known as Abra Kadabra had entered the shop and picked up Kent. He teleported away leaving Madam Xanadu scared and runs in the back of her shop. Kent's cane floats up and disappears as well.

———

Ryan woke up from his sleep in the middle of the night from seeing this in his dreams.

Ryan: What was that?

———

———

MOUNT JUSTICE
AUGUST 19, 19:39 EDT

Aqualad and Superboy were sparring in the center while Wally, M'gann, Artemis and Ryan stood to the side.

Artemis: Kaldur's, uh, nice, don't you think? Handsome. Commanding. You should totally ask him out.

M'gann: He's like a big brother to me. But you know who would make the cutest couple? You and Wally. You're so full of passion, and he's so full of, uh- of-

Artemis: It?

The two start laughing with each other.

Ryan: I'm gonna try not to be offended that you think Wally is a more viable person than me to try and couple off so one of you could ask Supes out.

Artemis: What?

Ryan: I mean, what's Wally got that I don't? And don't say vision, that's low hanging fruit.