Best Interests

"Are you sure of this My Lady?" Gandalf asks as we ride to the lowlands to find The Rohirrim.

I nod.
"Yes Mithandir. This is my strength, if I do not use it, then what use am I helping The Fellowship?"

Gandalf smiles.
"You are the light that keeps us going, Kedealind. Do not underestimate your worth. You have been taking care of the hobbits and the others when they have been injured, tending to their wounds and making sure everyone is fed. I would say you are the bond that keeps the group together."

"Thank you, that is kind of you to say." I reply with a smile.

As we head through the forests, many hours later, we see tents up ahead, with men sitting round a fire and their horses resting.

"I do believe we have found our Rohirrim Army..." Gandalf states.

We dismount, and guide our horses to the camp.

A few of the men catch a glimpse of us and arm themselves with their weapons.

"We are not here to fight." Gandalf announces.

Soon I see Eomer appear, he notices me and has seen Gandalf before.

"Lower your weapons, Riders." He says. "These are friends, not foe."

The Rohirrim relax a little now and return to their campfire, knowing that we are there to help.

Eomer walks to us and I feel my stomach twist and turn, like a nervousness has crept upon me, like the flutter of butterflies.

"Eomer Eomundson, we have come to warn you of a great danger in these lands. Theoden is leading the population of Rohan to Helms Deep, where he and his army can protect the women and children. I fear a greater threat will meet them there, guided by Saruman's hand. We must travel there tomorrow and help them." Gandalf explains, meanwhile I am just taking Eomer in.

Eomer looks concerned.
"Gandalf, is Theoden freed from Saruman's hold?"

"Yes, he is a much better man for it."
Gandalf replies.

Eomer nods.
"We ride tomorrow. In the meanwhile, we have a spare tent if you wish to stay until then."

"Thank you Eomer, it is much appreciated." Gandalf says.

"Thank you." I add.

"You are the Elf Maiden I met not long ago, what is your name if you do not mind me asking?" Eomer asks, interested.

"Kedealind of Rivendell. Daughter of Celebrian and Elrond. Most call me Keddy, it is more of an endearing name for me." I respond.

Eomer smiles, probably the first time I have seen it.

He nods.
"You are the other Elf's lover?"

"Oh, I...no, no I am not. We are friends." I say.

"Then he is a fool, for not taking his chance with such beauty." He says.

I smile. What is this Man doing to me? I feel captivated by him, yet I hardly know him.

"Gandalf, me and my men will have a meeting when the sun sets, you are welcome to join us with planning our travel to Helms Deep." Eomer says.

"Thank you, I will indeed help set a course." The wizard says.

Sunset, and the Rohirrim and Gandalf are meeting to discuss the route we take in the morning. I find a river not far from the camp and sit beside it on the bank. I take one of my books from my bag and begin to read, despite the darkness, my Elf eyes are able to read without the help of light.