chapter two

Lunch break

(just pretend there's your name on the book)

Students were packing their bags and heading to the lunch area, one by one until Bakugo was the only one in the classroom. He too was heading towards where his classmates were when he noticed a book lying down on the floor.  

He picked it up and saw the front of the book to know who it belongs to and that's where he read the title written in the notebook. '2 MONTHS WISHES'. he was confused by the title so he flip the book to see its content, he saw 'to watch a horror movie alone in theatre' the whole text was scratched meaning it was already done. He saw a note on the bottom of the book, 'you're dying soon but don't let anyone know, you suffer alone rather than making others suffer for two months with you.' 

Bakugo heard the classroom door opened and he saw L/n walk in, her eyes landed on the book in his hand, she smiled and walked towards him.  

"Thank God you found my book, I've been looking for it." She said. She reached her hand to take the book from Bakugo but he quickly moved his hand away from her.  

"Is it true?" He asked. First, she was confused but then realizes that he had probably read what's inside. Her smile fades and quickly moved to take her book from his hand but unfortunately, Bakugo was taller than her so he used that as his advantage. 

"Bakugo I am not joking around, give me my book." She said sternly.  

"Answer my question first." He said stubbornly.  

"It's none of your business, give me my book already." She tried to jump up to reach for the book but she failed. She was getting frustrated now. "Why do you even care?" She shouted at him. 

"HUH WHO SAID I CARED?" He shouted back and harshly threw the book on the ground. "Tsk, like I care." He said walking out of the room.

Cafeteria

Bakugo was sitting for lunch with the rest of the Baku-squad, they were chit-chatting were as Bakugo just stare are his food thinking about L/n

Bakugo was sitting for lunch with the rest of the Baku-squad, they were chit-chatting were as Bakugo just stare are his food thinking about L/n. Was she dying? How? Does she have an illness?  

"Hey, Baku bro where's in your mind? Ain't you hungry? If I were you I would eat my lunch quickly, lunchtime is almost over." Kirishima said, teasing with the last part.  

Bakugo ignored his friend's comment, whatever, he thought I don't care about her anyway. He started to eat his food.

Y/n sat on the lunch table opposite her childhood friend, Shinso.  

"What took you so long?" He asked with a mouthful of food.  

"Just bumped into someone." She mumbled. "So I was thinking maybe we could watch the sunset together, today?" She said, starting to eat her food.  

"I don't think I could today," Shinso said. "Kaminari asked me to play video games with him."  

"Oh." She tried to hide her disappointment. "It's okay we can always do that tomorrow." She flashed him a smile.  

"We can do that," Shinso said offering her a small smile.  

"By the way is something happening between you and Kaminari?" Y/n asked teasingly.  

"For last time Y/n no." He said and rolled his eyes. "I don't know why you ship us but it's not happening." He added shooting his head.  

"Oh come on, I can read the tension between you two when you two are together."  

"I think your Quirk is getting weak. There is nothing between us." Shinso commented, jokingly. He was used to his best friend teasing him about it. 

Y/n gasped dramatically. "How dare you call my quirk weak?!" She sure did draw attention towards them. From the corner of her eye, she saw Deku-squad watching them. "Did you hear that Izuku? He called my Quirk weak." She said dramatically.  

The green head boy just chuckles. "I think we all know that your quirk is anything but weak Y/n." She smiled at that comment.  

"That's why Izuku is my favorite." You said showing your tongue teasing your best friend who just shook his head.