Chapter 3: A rough ride

3rd pov

We see the train(Argus limited) run through the tracks, passing througha snowy mountain and cliff, while Grimm Manticores chased after it.

Ruby slashed a manticore using Cresent rose, she gives a proud smile after.

Ruby: Got him, now who's next?

Little did she know that another Manticore was going to sneak attack Ruby from behind. But before it could hit Ruby, a wall of ice was summoned by none other than Weiss Schnee.

Ruby: Whoa!

Glyphs made a pathway for Weiss to charge at the grimm in front of her and Ruby.

Weiss: Thank me later!

She used a glyph to jump upwards and slash two grimm Manticores, killing them. While Blake and Yang fought a Manticore. Yang punched the grimm using Ember Celica, knocking back the grimm, then making Blake jump at the side of the Argus limited(train) and grab the grimm by the neck in order to increase her momentum and make Yang kill it.

Blake: Incoming!

Blake landed on the Manticore's back, used her ribbon that is still tied on its neck to make it stand up, which makes its belly exposed. Yang notices this and takes advantage of it, punch through the grimm while using Ember Celica in shotgun mode to increase the damage, overall killing it. Turning into ashes.

Yang: Good to see you're not rusty. 

The scene transitions to team JNR and Oscar climbing up the ladders of the train cars of the Argus limited. Oscar, once on top of the train cars, ran to one of guns shooting the grimm.

Nora: Why is it always something?! Just keep it towards the back!

Once they got on top of the train cars, team JNR, specifically Ren and Nora, turn their weapons into gun mode, so that they can attack the flying grimm, while Jaune blocks the incoming fireballs the grimm make. Nora notices a grimm plummeting towards them, she shot it, turning it into ashes. 

Nora: Ren!

Nora lets out her hand, making Ren do the same. Once they got a hold of each other, Ren spins Nora and lets go, only for Nora to jump high in the sky and use Magnhild in hammer mode to smash a Manticore on its head, turning it into ashes, signifying the death of the grimm.

???: TUNNEL!

Everyone looked back, to confirm if the tunnel was nearing towards them. It was. They were all running, running at least to the spaces of the Argus limited. Weiss was seen almost hit by the Grimm's fireball, making Weiss nearly fall of the train into the snowy cliffside. But Weiss was immediately caught by Ruby on the wrist.

Ruby: Thank me later!

Ruby then uses her semblance to jump over the edge of the train. Since Weiss was there, it was a mix of a white and red blur. They were able to get into the space of the train in time before the tunnels hit them.

-----------------------------------------

Qrow pov

It's been two weeks since the attack on Haven. The official report states the plot to destroy Mistral's CCT tower was thwarted by Ghira Belladonna and the faunus from Menagerie. The huntsman and the students coincidentally visiting the headmaster were also able to lend some assistance. Unfortunately, Leonardo Lionheart lost his life, while trying to defend his school. And those responsible for organizing the attack managed to escape. As I'm sure you can guess, there's a lot more to this report than I'm willing to say in this letter. But for now, what I'm trying to say is that we are on our way to Atlas, James. Y/N is also coming with us. Apparently, he was also going to go to Atlas, so we invited him to join us. There's a good chance we'll get there before this letter does, but in case we don't, I need you to know that we're bringing a lot more bad news with us.