Chapter 5: Argus

3rd pov

You slowly awoke on the trailer. You looked around to see that everyone's attention was focused on Maria. She was telling her story, on how she was the Grimm reaper.

Maria: --but I wasn't. I went into hiding soon after.

Qrow: I can't believe it...You, you're the Grimm reaper. You were a legend. And then you disappeared. 

.

.

.

Oscar: How exactly does a legend just disappear? 

Qrow: You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you...I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper.

Maria: Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment. So you're well on your way.

You: *groan* How can you say that?

Everyone noticed that you're finally awake. You sat up and leaned over the edge of the trailer. You looked at your arms to see your wounds, but you noticed that they have already healed up thanks to your aura.

Maria: Child, a huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes...I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid that someone would find me again...finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already.

She turns around to look at you.

Maria: It's comforting that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape.

.

.

.

Ruby: Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did.

You: (Powers? I'll ask Ruby what she meant by that later.)

Suddenly, Ruby's scroll started ringing. Once she took it from her pocket, it was seen that Jaune was calling her.

Ruby: *gasps* It's Jaune!

Everyone's eye's widened. Even Yang stopped her Bike to listen to the conversation that will arise.

Yang: How?

Ruby: H-hello?

[Jaune]: Ruby! hahah! Thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!

Ruby: The city?...Wait.

Ruby raised up her phone seemingly looking for the direction where the signal is strongest. Which is right over a hill.

Everyone had smiles on their faces as Yang drove them up a hill. As they got on top of the hill, they've seen the beautiful sight of Argus before them, making them give wide smiles to each other. You smiled at the view. 

Yang: Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus.

--(In Argus)

Yang locked her bike inside a garage, while everyone waited for her. You, as expected, were being crowded by women your age, and some a bit older. They were covering you with already prepared gift boxes as if they expected to see you, and food.

You: Guys, I need help.

Maria helped you by smacking the women on the ankles using her staff. As you were walking, you looked up to see the very high-up walls, only to notice birds flying into Argus as well. Then, you heard Nora gasping for air from afar.