One

I have been apart of the Academy for nine years. I never did get to see Theo again. It made me sad to think that he's probably forgotten me already. But I could and would, never forget him.

He was my first friend.

His decisions had ultimately changed my life for the better, and I would never be able to express how happy that makes me. Even with the dire and deathly circumstances.

My phone buzzes as I pour myself another coffee. I turn around and pick it up, unlocking the screen quickly to read the message.

Acadamy father; Stethoscope

I roll my eyes at his word choice and text my own random word back.

G. Bird; Chocolate

That's more like it. Nothing can go wrong with a good old bar of chocolate. Actually, there could. Someone could try to steal it from you. That would be horrible! I'd have to break a finger at minimum.

Academy father; How was your flight here?

Oh no. I know what he's doing. He's trying to butter me up like a early morning biscuit.

G. Bird; Dad, just give me the mission already. I had a good flight and slept well. I'm fine.

Academy father; Fine. We need you to assist a small team at a ball revenue tonight. I have a dress being sent over. You'll just need to dance with the team and be a backup to assist them out safely. I'll send you the teams files in a bit.

G. Bird; Okay. I'll start getting ready soon. Who is the dress by?

Academy father; You realize that I already know how much you love the Gabriel Coleman gowns.

G. Bird; Yaya! His work is gorgeous and amazing! Why wouldn't I love it!

Completely true. Gabriel Coleman is one of the Academies gown makers. The BEST designer. He's the best and his style is essentric and wild.

He manages to create dresses that are lightweight and easy to move in while also feeling like silk over your skin.

Honestly if I ever met the man, old or not, I would give him a huge kiss that would put a Russian to shame, because his dresses have helped me out of desperate situations so well. Expecially since he customizes my dresses to hold my weapons.

Academy father; He would be glad to hear that, I'm sure. Expecially since your his best customer AND paid full cost for his dream store. And still, you pay at least sixty thousand a year on his gowns.

G. Bird; So? I'm a huge fan. Plus I'm sure I spend more than that. He started making attire for more than just formal events the past year or so. Of course I buy it all. 🙄

Academy father; ... You have a shopping problem. Admit it.

G. Bird; never. I just know how to appreciate the fine arts! But gtg! Love you Phil!

Academy father; It's 'dad' to you missy. Also, whats my name under this time?

I blink at his question before smiling ruefully to myself. Ops. Let me just change it real quick.

G. Bird; It's just 'best dad ever'