II

Albedo could still remember the day he saw M/N. He noticed that Everytime he wanted to get his hands- borrow a book related to Alchemy that he wanted to read for the past few days at the library. He found out that someone would always borrow it first before he did. He would usually ignore the only presence of a male who was immersed on reading a book that he also didn't care of knowing. [Insert Alchemy book], he has heard of the book from Sucrose, and wanted to read it after she kept blabbering about how it helped her with her experiment.

When Albedo arrived at the Library early, the first thing he did was visit the library to check for more books related to Alchemy. Lisa was there reading a book until she noticed the Blondes presence on the door way "Albedo, are you here to borrow books?" Lisa questioned softly, putting her book down on her desk. The said male nodded "Yes I am, I would like to know if I can borrow [insert Alchemy book]?"

"Of course dear, let me go get it for you"

Albedo patiently waited on one of the benches but it seems Lisa was taking up her time and stall for a little, He sighed and look around the library to find something interesting, until a novel caught his eyes. It seems that the Books Genre was Love, tho from the title itself, it screams angst. He got tired from just staring at it and decided to walk forward and go read it for himself, He was about to grab it until he felt a hand instead of the book, he felt the hand twitch before grabbing the novel, clutching it on his chest.

"Sorry! I have to be selfish I need to read this book" A male around 5'5, has short H/C hair, soft gentle E/C staring at his figure. Albedos hand finally twitch, realizing his palms were still in the air before fake coughing. "Please, there's no need to apologize." M/N glance slightly down at Albedo before blinking "oh okay, I'll be going then"

With that the Male left with a huge smile and sat on his usual seat on the library, Though Albedo continued to stare at the taller figure before finally snapping himself out, walking back after seeing a glimpse of Lisa with the book he wanted to borrow "Here you go Albedo" Lisa pushed the book carefully to Albedo before reading her book again. Albedo didn't move, he was back at staring at the boy who practically just ignored him.

"His name is M/N, he's from Inazuma born and bred, and my little apprentice," Lisa put one of her palms below her chin "he's the boy who's been reading the books you've been wanting to read," Lisa yawned tiredly, complaining how she's already tired and wanting to rest on her bed.

Now that he knew who would take the books first before he does, he was glad that he met the boy, and wanted to make him his muse. Bumping at eachother occasionally whenever he visits the library, he was completely ignored. Whenever Lisa wasn't on her desk, he would spot M/N immediately, reading a book as usual.

Every time that he would borrow the books that M/N had already read, it was given to him without questions and of course M/N still ignored his presence. Albedo was aware that M/N probably didn't even knew what he looked like. He wanted to know why, not like he wanted his Attention surely, just simply curious why he was ignored as always.

He asked sucrose about it.

"He ignores you? Huh.. M/N isn't the type to just completely ignore someone! He would usually try and converse with them even tho he didn't wanna open his mouth, unless you met him on a place that is usually quiet, when reading a book intently. He probably didn't mean to ignore you Mr. Albedo! He's a nice person, maybe he thought that you were just a citizen passing by to read a random book, your a stranger to him after all!"

That was reassuring, thank you for that I guess.

★彡

"Albedo.. I suddenly look so pretty" M/N stared at the Painting with stars in his eyes, impressed on the skills and Talent Albedo has when painting. Albedo smiled lightly "you can have it" M/N's turned to Albedo with hope "really!?"

:0

"Of course, but I need you to do something for me first" M/N's hope disappeared in an instant, the sparkles surrounding him dispersed through nothingness, his lips forming an obvious pout while scrunching his eyebrows together "if you want me to drink your suspicious looking potions, nevermind I don't want it" M/N stared at the painting, Albedo could hear him say 'i look so pretty here tho..'

"I can assure you that you aren't drinking one of my.. suspicious looking potions, I meant to say was that I would like to make you my muse"

"Sure! If it makes me have this fine masterpiece"

"Of course." M/N continue to distract himself with the painting in his hands, happy that he gets to keep the painting Albedo gladly made. M/N never found himself on a canvas looking pretty before, which was sad.

When M/N was young, during his days living in Liyue someone asked if they could paint him, of course he said yes, who was he to reject? A painting of himself? Yes please. The outcome wasn't the one he was expecting, The painting doesn't even look near to being him at all, it was all out of place, the outlines wasn't that clean, the eyes were farther, the clothes were rather.. he can't explain what it was but it wasn't nice to look at,the paint doesn't even match his color pallet. In other words the painting itself was a total eyesore.

Him being young believed that he actually looked like that, running away crying from the person who deemed himself as an artist. A boy with light blue hair was usually the one targeted when M/N was seeking comfort. The light blue haired boy didn't know how to comfort anyone, but he did try his best by hugging M/N and patting him on the head to calm down from his loud cries, The boy could only glare at the artist who was sweating alot from the glare. And until then, he refused to get himself being painted by random artist who requested to paint him, until today.

"I'll hang this! I'd proudly say that you painted it, I mean unless you want your talent for painting and passion in alchemy to be recognized"

"I do not mind."

"Thank you!"

[More info of M/N]:

✓M/N lived in Liyue for 4 years (8-12)

✓M/N used to like someone.

✓M/N was chased by a certain lovable pyro polearm user dressed as a ghost when they were 9.

✓M/N almost got kidnapped by the fatui, mistaking him for someone else.

✓wanted to befriend a fatui without knowing they were a fatui.

✓M/N isn't parentless y'all, nor is he abondoned, abused or a hated child.

Date written: 12.22.21
Published: [unknown]