IV

Just to let you know that before reading this chapter, Zhongli won't be a love interest, as much as I simp for that man, I just couldn't see him as a love interest with M/N but a parental figure. Oh and this chap is the past life of M/N and Zhongli together

★彡

Morax's hair was being combed gently by a smaller figure. His long lengthe black hair with amber tips touched the ground, as the smaller male with H/C hair carefully touched his surprisingly soft hair in amazement. Morax's face held no expression, it remained expressionless. His stoic gaze turned to his side to see a glimpse of the brave mortal named M/N beside him still touching his long hair. He let out a small huff from his nose deciding to look away from M/N.

Though M/N might have not seen through him but Morax was confused, confused on why a mortal like you would want to be beside him all the time when he was feared by many and avoided by many. His eyes held a spark of curiosity after M/N decided that it was a good idea to tie his hair into a single braid. He had seen Guizhong done this several times but never had the chance to ask how it was done, he only thought it was probably something to do with magic.

A foreign feeling would always suddenly bubble inside him whenever he was showered with attention from the smaller male, the affection the smaller male has given him was slightly overwhelming yet it was tolerated. He didn't like M/N and tend to ignore his existence but he eventually got used to the male visiting everyday. He didn't like being with M/N and his company back then too, but he learned to appreciate his presence slowly without himself knowing he was. The only thing that annoyed him to pieces was M/N's rather loud and upbeat personality that always shatters his quiet time. He has no idea how mortals communicate nor does he know how to understand how they felt, and that ends up with him saying something rude without him even realising it was hurting M/N slightly with his words.

M/N was completely aware how Morax didn't like him and that Morax probably wanted him gone, he knew he was annoying and a nuisance to be with, yet he kept pushing, pushing to atleast get a small reaction from the god and make a small step forward to befriend him officially. Since their friendship was one sided.

M/N decorated Morax's hair with Qingxins. Qingxins were hard to find, he had to climb the tallest peaks just to get them. He ended up with alot of scratches and small wounds from branches and Everytime he fails to climb a tall rock, sometimes he felt luck picking some Qingxins that weren't even on cliffs, but on caves Instead. His long sleeves helped cover several bandages that wrapped rather tightly on his figure, he regretted wrapping them tightly since the small wounds were still fresh, and it hurts, he can see small blood forming here and there Everytime he moves quick.

He didn't like showing others that he was in pain, so he tends to hide everything and lie about how he feels. No one knows that because they never tried knowing what he felt, and thought he was strong enough to not feel any. He was a mortal with feelings too you dimwits.

M/N hummed a random tune he made, and stood up walking Infront of morax to see how he looked like. He looked pretty. He breathe in alot of air and puff his chest, face painted with satisfaction after finishing this masterpiece. Climbing mountains was worth it if he gets to see The war god himself looking like this, looking like he didn't just fought on a battle with other gods, monsters and killed several mortals for several of hundreds of years. Exactly 5400+ years.

"What did you do to my hair mortal?" Morax's face scrunched in annoyance. Guizhong used to do this with his hair too, but without the Qingxins, instead 2 glaze lily's were placed above his ears. So being reminded of his late friend by just a simple action made him overwhelmed, he still didn't get to move on from her death. "I braided your hair, annndd decorated it with Qingxins!" M/N slowly created a small flower crown for himself occasionally wincing in pain Everytime his fingers get trapped into the stem. Smile for the pain to go away that's his motto :D.