prologue

"My pretty boy, what are you thinking about?" Lillian approached him as he sat outside on the balcony looking into the world.

"Just thinking," he kept his gaze on the busy streets.

His face was stoic. She felt worried now.

"What's wrong?" Lillian asked.

"Nothing, I promise," he plastered a smile on his face.

He kissed her cheek. Lillian smiled.

"Okay," Lillian said. "Talk to me when you're feeling down."

"I'm not sad. How could I ever be sad when you are mine?"

Lillian felt the butterflies, just like the first time she did when they met.

"I know sometimes you feel guilty for what happened... to you know who," she started to frown.

He frowned. He truly did feel like it was his fault. Like he could've done more to protect him. He failed.

"I don't like to think about it," he whispered.

Lillian hugged him from behind, "I don't blame you, nobody blames you. I hope you know that."

He nodded, although he felt he was to blame. His failure would have cause the greatest sadness to the person he loved the most in the world. He should've done better.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up, Peter. I don't like to think about it either," Lillian looked down before entering the house again.

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂