3

Lillian smiled joyously as she stood in front of everyone, earning her high school diploma with a perfect grade point average. She felt immense proudness from her father, which is all she ever asked for.

"Great job, Lilly! I'm so proud of you! You will do great things!" Norman hugged his daughter.

"Thanks dad," Lillian hugged him back.

Lillian already knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted to go to Columbia University and study biophysics. All she had to do was get accepted in. Hopefully her good grades and test scores would be enough. She had sent in her application before she graduated high school, so hopefully she would get an answer soon.

Since it was summer, she didn't want to live alone at home with her father so she bought her own apartment. Harry and Peter had bought an apartment and were living together, currently.

It was different, living alone. She has never been by herself like this before, having to run her own errands, make dinner every night. It was something she had trouble adjusting to. Nonetheless, she enjoyed the alone time, mostly.

Summer felt like it was flying by. Lillian checked her mailbox and found a letter from Columbia University. Suddenly, her heart was pounding. She rushed to Harry's apartment. He was the first person she wanted to know.

Knocking on the door repeatedly, she couldn't contain her excitement. There isn't anyone else she would rather share the news with than her brother. Now, if she didn't get accepted that would be pretty embarrassing.

"Who is it?" Peter asked.

"Oh, Peter," Lillian hesitated. "Is Harry home?"

"Yeah, he's doing some work," Peter opened the door.

"Okay, good," Lillian sighed.

She walked over to Harry as Peter eyed her envelope, which had the symbol from Columbia University. Harry turned and Lillian showed him the envelope.

"No way," his smile grew large.

"Wait, I don't want to get excited and jinx it," Lillian's heart raced.

Peter stood behind them, curious to see if she got in.

Lillian slowly opened the envelope and unfolded the paper. Suddenly, tears began to fall from her eyes.

"What? Did you not get in?" Harry had a concerned look on his face.

"I got in!" Lillian's tears fell but had a big smile on her face.

"Oh my god. Yes! Good job!" Harry hugged his sister.

Peter smiled as he approached Lillian, "Great job, Lillian!"

He hugged her. She suddenly felt her heart stop. She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him back, not wanting the moment to end.

When they let go of each other, she spoke softly, "Thanks Peter."

Harry smirked as he watched her cheeks heat up. Lillian gave him a dirty look.

"I have to go show dad. I'll see you guys later," Lillian quickly left their apartment.

"I'm really proud of her, I mean that's all she ever dreamed of as a kid. To get into Columbia," Harry smiled.

"Me too," Peter smiled at the thought of Lillian.

Lillian parked her car outside of Norman's house. She walked up to the front door, knocking. Norman opened the door.

"Hi, sweetheart. What brings you here?" he had a smile on his face.

She showed him the already opened envelope, a huge smile growing on her face.

"Oh my god, you got in?" Norman smiled greatly.

Lillian nodded as Norman embraced her in a long hug. He was very proud of his daughter. Norman invited her in for a quick cup of tea.

"It's been lonely without you kids here," Norman admitted.

"Yeah, it's pretty lonely for me at my apartment," Lillian said.

"You could always move back in, y'know. I would love to have you back," Norman smiled.

Lillian smiled, "I would love to, but I need to get used to living alone. Especially since I will be going to college."

"I understand," Norman took a sip of tea.

"Okay, well it was great seeing you, dad. I've got to get going, I have some errands to run," Lillian hugged her dad.

"Okay, I'll see you later, super proud of you," Norman let her out the door.

Lillian got in her car and drove back to her apartment. She didn't actually have errands to run, she just wanted to leave before she got stuck staying at her father's for too long. Although, she could go and buy dinner tonight instead of making something at home.

She started to get ready to go get dinner before she got a phone call.

"Hello?" she spoke.

"Lillian, it's Harry. For getting into your dream school, wanna go out and get dinner with Peter and I?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, thank you," Lillian said. "What time?"

"In 30 minutes? To give you time to get ready?" Harry asked.

"Sounds good."

"We'll come pick you up," Harry offered.

"Alright. See you," Lillian hung up the phone.

Since she was going out with people, she needed to dress nicely. She wore a brown leather skirt with a nice pink shirt and a jean jacket. Leaving her hair down, she let her curtain bangs hang in front of her face. She wore white high top converse to complete the look.

Not wanting to look too nice, she didn't wear too much makeup, just a little mascara. Sitting down on the couch, she waited for Harry.

Knocks were heard on the door, Lillian opened it.

"You ready? Harry sent me to come get you," Peter smiled.

"Oh, uh, yeah, let me grab my wallet really quick," Lillian fumbled her words.

Peter waited, looking inside her apartment. It was a nice little place. Lillian came back, closing the door and locking it.

It was silent while Peter and Lillian walked through the halls of the complex. They needed to take the elevator because Lillian's apartment was on the fourth floor.

As they got in the elevator, they both reached for the first floor button and Peter's hand brushed over Lillian's. Her face instantly reddened, she looked away.

"Sorry," they both spoke quickly.

Lillian turned to Peter suddenly, "Hey, Peter, I heard about your uncle. I haven't really had the chance to tell you that I'm really sorry."

Peter smiled softly, grabbing her hand and holding it, "Thank you, I appreciate it."

Lillian was confused, she wasn't complaining, but she was confused. Her face heated up, enjoying the moment before he let go. She looked over at him, but he just stared straight forward.

It was awkward as they waited to get to the first floor. When they got to the first floor, the elevator opened and an old woman walked in.

"You guys look nice. What a lovely looking couple," the woman spoke.

"Oh, us? Um, we're not a couple," Lillian stuttered, her face turning red again.

The woman smiled as the door closed. Lillian cursed at herself mentally. Why would she say that? She didn't want Peter to think she wasn't interested.

They made it to Harry's car.

"Took you long enough," he chuckled. "Alright, time for dinner."

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂

next chapter is about to have you guys mad at harry but also there is a surprise at the end