6

Lillian went home, pretty terrified after almost falling to death, but feeling ecstatic after what Spider-Man said to her. Her main question: was that Peter or Spider-Man talking?

She hoped that Peter thought that she was pretty, but maybe he was just trying to compliment her, just showing an act of kindness.

It wasn't long before Jameson started to talk about the encounter on the news, calling the bad guy the "Green Goblin." Lillian actually thought that was a good name for his description.

Lillian cringed when Harry invited her to lunch with him, Mary Jane, and Peter, considering the fact that Peter must know that him and Mary Jane are a couple now. Feeling curious and having nothing better to do, she accepted the invite and went to lunch.

Again, she sat by Peter while MJ and Harry sat next to each other. The two were so interested in each other, it's like Lillian and Peter weren't even there.

"I can't believe that they are together and have been together and he didn't tell me until yesterday," Peter sighed.

"I'm sorry. I know that you liked her," Lillian said.

"Eh. Not really," Peter shrugged.

Lillian narrowed her eyes, "You've liked her for so long?"

"It started to fade a little while ago. I don't have feelings for her anymore. I was just upset because he didn't trust me enough to tell me," Peter looked down.

"That's not why. I think he thought that you would've been upset if you knew they were together, or felt like he betrayed you," Lillian explained.

"I would've been fine with it," Peter shrugged.

Lillian thought for a second, "Yeah, he should've told you. But I don't think he didn't because he doesn't trust you."

"You're right," Peter sighed.

Lillian smiled, "I just don't like how he keeps inviting us to these little things, to make it less awkward. It literally makes it more awkward."

Peter chuckled, "You're right about that, too."

Lillian smiled softly. She loved talking to him. It just made her day so much better. Suddenly she wanted to make this conversation a little more interesting.

"That 'Green Goblin' guy was pretty scary yesterday, I literally almost died because of him," Lillian chuckled.

Peter hesitated, "Yeah. Are you okay? That must've been very horrifying."

"I'm okay. It was pretty cool talking to Spider-Man. He's super cool," Lillian smirked, looking at Peter who had a big smile.

"He is pretty cool," Peter said.

"I wonder who the Green Goblin is? Some crazy psycho," Lillian furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I was trying to figure out who he is, but New York is so big, it would be impossible to figure it out," Peter agreed.

Lillian nodded in agreement. Harry and Mary Jane were chatting away still.

"I bet they wouldn't even notice if we left," Lillian giggled.

"Oh, they definitely wouldn't," Peter smiled. "Wanna go get a coffee and walk around instead?"

Lillian nodded, "Definitely."

Lillian drove them both to a coffee shop. Once they ordered the coffee, they started to walk around the city together.

"If Harry didn't notice we left when we did, he definitely noticed by now and is probably freaking out," Lillian took a sip of her drink.

"You know, I think he still probably hasn't even noticed," Peter chuckled.

Lillian giggled, "Probably."

Peter realized how much he enjoyed Lillian's company recently. He just wanted to be around her to hear her laugh and to hear how passionate she is when she talks about certain things. That wasn't weird was it?

"How come I never realized how fun you are to be around? Lately I've really been enjoying your company," Peter got a little shy.

Lillian blushed, but hid it well, "I don't know. I've always been me. And, you have?"

"Oh, yeah. Harry's been kind of distant and you're like the only other person I have besides him. And I'm not trying to say that I'm only hanging out with you because Harry is distant," Peter started to ramble.

"No, it's okay. I understand," Lillian smiled. "I enjoy your company too."

"You do?"

"Definitely."

Peter and Lillian walked around until they reached her car.

"I wonder if Harry and Mary Jane have left yet," Lillian said as they got into the car.

"Should we spy?" Peter had a sly smile.

"Oh yeah," Lillian nodded her head.

They weren't gone for coffee for too long so it was very possible that Harry and MJ were still there. When they got to the cafe, they saw them sitting at the same table still, through the window.

"Oh my god, I don't even know if I'm surprised that they are still here," Lillian giggled.

Harry and Mary Jane began to kiss, and then more passionately.

"Oh god I'm gonna throw up," Lillian gagged.

"Geez, in a public place?" Peter laughed.

Lillian leaned and buried her head into Peter's shoulder.

"Please, I can't see that anymore. Tell me when it's over," Lillian giggled into his shoulder.

Peter smiled. Harry and Mary Jane decided to simmer down.

"Okay, finally they decided to stop," Peter chuckled.

Lillian rested her head against the steering wheel, "I will be scarred forever. That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen."

Peter laughed at her sarcastic tone. It was dramatic, but he knew she was just messing around. Harry and Mary Jane left the cafe and Harry looked in Lillian's direction, suddenly pointing at them.

"Quick, hide!" Lillian ducked down, Peter did the same.

They both peeked over at Harry, who was still looking towards them with a 'you guys are so dumb' look. Peter and Lillian laughed so hard together.

Lillian drove by towards them, rolling down the window.

"I bet you didn't even notice we left," she smirked.

"Uh, yeah I did," Harry scoffed.

"Are you sure about that? Maybe you did after your little freaky time with MJ," Lillian bit back a smile.

"You guys saw that? You guys are gross, why would you watch that," Harry sighed.

"I didn't. I hid because it actually traumatized me. But seriously, why in a public place where people can see you? You are bold, brother," Lillian giggled.

"Because unlike you, I don't care what people think of me," Harry scoffed.

"Woah, relax, I was joking," Lillian chuckled. "Anyway, I gotta go. See ya."

"Bye," Harry rolled his eyes. "Bye Pete."

Peter waved as Lillian drove away.

"They are totally whipped for each other," Harry said, which made MJ giggle.

Lillian drove towards Harry's apartment. When she got there, Peter got out of the car.

"Thanks for today," Peter smiled. "See ya later."

"See you," Lillian waved before driving back home.

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂