8

The alarm clock sounded at midnight, immediate joy and shouting filled the room as Harry hugged his sister.

"Happy birthday! I can't believe you are 18!" Harry said, excitedly.

"Thank you," Lillian smiled, feeling great happiness.

Peter hugged her next, "Happy birthday! You're finally my age now."

Lillian giggled as she hugged him back, "Thank you!"

Harry had invited Lillian over for a 'sleepover' so he could be the first one to tell her happy birthday. Only him, Lillian, and Peter were invited. They were going to go to bed on the big couch in the living room.

"I don't even feel tired," Harry shrugged, Lillian laughing, knowing he would be the first to fall asleep.

After about twenty minutes, Harry was passed out on the left side of the couch. Lillian and Peter giggled.

Lillian pulled out two sharpies from the drawer, "Should we?"

Peter nodded. They laughed quietly as they drew on his face. Lillian drew a strange mustache, while Peter drew fake glasses. Lillian didn't realize how close they were when she looked at him and he looked back, their faces almost touching. It was silent while they looked at each other, before Lillian looked away quickly.

"He is going to hate us," she giggled, trying to hide how hard she was blushing.

"He definitely will. I'm scared now, I don't want to feel the wrath," Peter laughed.

"Don't worry. Since it's my birthday, my rule will be no being mean to each other at all," Lillian reassured Peter.

"Why thank you," he smiled.

Lillian felt tired. She laid down on the middle of the couch and slowly began to fall asleep. Shortly after she fell asleep, Peter laid down next to her on the right side of the couch. Since it wasn't a really big couch, they were all kind of squished together.

Lillian usually wakes up pretty early, but when she woke up, Peter's arm was around her waist and her right hand was tangled in his hair and their bodies were so close. She felt a pit grow in her stomach as she blushed furiously. She felt oddly comfortable and anxious at the same time.

She didn't want the moment to end but she would be absolutely mortified if Peter woke up and saw themselves. She started to remove her hand slowly from his head, feeling his soft skin as she put her arm to her side.

She didn't notice that Peter had opened his eyes but closed them again quickly. Lillian slowly started to drift back into sleep. The next time she woke up, both Harry and Peter were out of bed.

She remembered immediately what had happened earlier and already started blushing. Peter looked towards her and noticed, causing him to smile.

"Finally, geez, morning sis," Harry scoffed jokingly, making pancakes.

"Morning," she yawned. "Why wouldn't you wake me up?"

"You looked so peaceful," Harry smiled sarcastically.

Lillian looked at Harry and he obviously hadn't looked in a mirror yet so she suddenly started to laugh super hard. Peter smiled first, then joined in her laughter.

"What is so funny?" Harry asked, annoyed.

Lillian shrugged, her face red from laughing so hard. Peter looked at him and chuckled.

"What did you do to me?" Harry suddenly realized and ran to the bathroom.

Shortly you could hear shouting, "You idiots!"

Lillian and Peter started laughing again, "Totally worth it."

Peter nodded in agreement, as you could hear Harry's complaints in the background.

"Someone better be watching the pancakes while I try to get the shit off of my face!" he shouted.

Lillian quickly walked to the pancakes and was checking them to see if they were burnt. Peter walked up next to her, gently moving her hand and grabbing the spatula from it.

"It's your birthday. You shouldn't have to worry about breakfast on your birthday. I got this," he smiled as the pancake was ready to be flipped.

"Thank you," Lillian sat down on the couch, turning on the television.

She thought about how awkward it was earlier in the morning and why Peter would've put his arms around her like that. He probably just sleeps like that, it didn't mean anything, thought Lillian.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Harry's nonsense, "You guys are assholes. I'm not getting you a gift, Lillian."

"Um, actually I have a birthday rule. No being mean to each other at all. That is my only wish," she smiled cutely.

Harry smiled sarcastically, "Yeah okay. My bad. Sorry for being mad about you guys drawing on my face with a sharpie."

Lillian chuckled, "Yeah sorry about that."

Harry scoffed as he took his place back at the pancakes, Peter frowning as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"So what are you even wanting to do today?" Harry asked Lillian.

"I don't know. I don't feel like going out or anything so if you don't mind we could just stay here all day?" she asked.

"That's fine with me. I can order a pizza and we can watch movies," Harry shrugged.

"That sounds nice. Is that okay with you, Peter?" Lillian looked toward Peter.

"Oh, yeah, whatever we do is fine," he stumbled over his words a bit.

"What if dad wants to see you?" Harry asked.

"Well, he'll have to leave me a call because I don't feel like seeing him. He's been acting weird lately," Lillian sighed.

Later, when the pizza arrived and they had started binge watching the Star Wars movies, Harry and Peter brought out their gift for Lillian.

"Oh gosh, you guys didn't actually have to get me something," Lillian smiled.

"Of course we would get you something, we love you," Peter smiled.

Lillian smiled greatly. Harry had gotten her a lime green polaroid camera.

She hugged her brother, "Thank you, I love you."

"Love you too," Harry smiled.

She opened Peter's gift. It was a necklace that had two pieces, with a star and a moon on them.

"Happy birthday," he smiled shyly.

She embraced him with extreme gratitude, "Oh my god, thank you so much, Peter. I love it."

He hugged her back, tightly, "You're welcome. I know you like constellations and planets and stuff, so I thought you would like it."

She smiled a big smile, "It's so beautiful. Thank you."

She gave him a hug again. She looked at the necklace and back at him and realized that she was in love with him.

"Hey, how come on my birthday you never got me anything nice like that?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows, frowning sarcastically.

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂