10

Lillian occasionally visited Aunt May throughout the week. It was taking her a bit longer to recover and when Peter got busy, she was there for her.

Lillian kept thinking about her conversation with Aunt May. About Peter. Maybe Aunt May was right. She also thought of Spider-Man. She knew Peter was Spider-Man but she also had that one small feeling that maybe he wasn't.

Part of her hoped he wasn't. Maybe because of how dangerous it was, or the pressure to save everyone all the time. But she also just knew he was.

She was tired of just waiting and hoping. Suddenly she felt like confessing everything to him immediately. But that would ruin everything if he didn't feel the same.

She decided that it wouldn't matter. She was going to put herself out there and tell him the truth. All of it.

She called Peter.

"Hello?" he answered, and she felt less confident and insecure now. No backing down now.

"Hey Peter," she fumbled over her words.

"Oh, hey Lillian, what's up?" he spoke warmer now.

She hesitated, "Oh, um, I was calling to see if you maybe wanted to get coffee with me? I need to, um, tell you something," Lillian's heart was racing.

"Oh," Peter sounded surprised. "Sure. When?"

"It's kind of urgent, so would now be okay?" she took a deep breath.

"Uh, sure, that's fine," Peter now felt nervous.

Thinking about it lately, Lillian was on his mind. And now her telling him that, he wondered if she would tell him she liked him. He hoped so, but he was still unsure if he liked her.

He tried to think, how can you tell if you like someone? Well, when they make you happy, when they are the first person you want to tell something to, they make you feel good. He thought and thought, and Lillian fit those descriptions.

He got ready and met with her at a little coffee shop. They sat together. Lillian felt like she couldn't look him in the eye.

"Hey?" Peter said.

"Hi," Lillian felt so nervous. How was she so confident before?

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Peter asked, straight to the point.

Lillian gulped, "Well, um, after the longest time, since high school and even before that, I-"

She paused, unsure if she could continue. He stared at her with a confused look. She had to tell him.

"Sorry, I feel nervous," she looked down. "I am in love with you, Peter."

Her cheeks were bright red as she looked down at her hands, which were fidgeting and sweating. She couldn't look at him. He bit back a smile.

Lillian began to stand up, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, that was all I had to say, I am sorry for wasting your time, bye," she went to leave before he grabbed her hand.

"Wait," he said.

She made eye contact with him, blushing furiously, as he blushed back.

"I-" Peter said before getting cut off.

"Lillian?" Norman suddenly approached them.

"Dad?" Lillian felt embarrassed.

"Why do I keep finding you two, together, holding hands?" Norman asked.

Lillian pulled her hand away, looking to the floor.

"You know what? I don't care, but I've got to go, right now," Norman left, very quickly.

Lillian stared outside, but he disappeared. After about twenty seconds, the Green Goblin showed up, breaking the windows of the coffee shop.

"Hey, sweetie," he shouted, grabbing Lillian and flying off.

"Lillian!" Peter shouted, running outside, following them.

But the Goblin had gotten too far, Peter couldn't catch up, even in his suit, flying around. Lillian shouted at him as he flew her to his 'lair'.

"Let me go!" Lillian kicked at him. "What do you want?"

"I want Spider-Man dead," the Goblin laughed hysterically.

"What does that have to do with me?" Lillian asked, glaring.

"Don't be silly. You know who Spider-Man is. You are valuable to him so I can use you to kill him," he explained.

"I don't know who he is," Lillian lied, she hid it well. "Who even are you? Why do you hate him so much?"

The Goblin ignored her.

"So what is your plan? You just gonna fly me around and wait for Spider-Man to show up?" Lillian asked. "He'll stop you."

"If you say so. I don't think he can save multiple people at once. So I will make him choose," he said. "He doesn't want you to die, but if others are about to die, what will he choose? You or twenty people?"

"What is the relevance in that? How will that help you kill him? Literally all that is, is you killing at least one person, for no reason," Lillian scoffed.

"Oh there is a reason, dear," The Goblin chuckled. "It will cause him great agony, killing you."

Lillian felt her heart stop for a second. She wasn't scared before, but she felt frightened now.

"He won't let you kill me," Lillian fought back. "He's probably coming to find me right now."

"That doesn't matter. I am going to the city, to make your death public," he laughed, grabbing her and flying on his glider.

She didn't want to let him know she was scared. She didn't want to give him that power over her.

"Well, well, we're here," the Green Goblin said when they arrived to the bridge.

He started to throw bombs everywhere, destroying cars and causing chaos. He found a tram car and held it up and Lillian too. When Spider-Man arrived he was faced with a choice.

"Spider-Man! This is why only fools are heroes! Because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice," he held up Lillian and the car.

"Let die the woman you love, or suffer the little children!" shouts were heard from Lillian and screams from the kids on the tram car.

"Make your choice, Spider-Man. And see how a hero is rewarded," the Goblin said.

"Don't do it, Goblin!"

"We are who we choose to be! Now choose!" he dropped both Lillian and the car.

Spider-Man shouted as he immediately dove towards Lillian, grabbing her and jumping to the car, attaching it to the bridge.

There was a boat in the water, a man shouting. He wanted to help and for Spider-Man to drop the car on the boat, so the kids would be safe.

"I need you to climb down, Lilly," he said, while holding onto her.

"Okay," she began to slowly climb down.

"Good," he said. "Quicker, he's coming back."

She began to quickly climb down the rope to the car, while Spider-Man held onto the rope and his string attached to the bridge.

The Goblin flew towards him, ready to impale him with his glider, before people on the bridge began to throw things at him.

They began to chant, "You mess with one, you mess with all of us!"

Lillian smiled as she was safe on the boat. The smile faded when the Goblin grabbed Spider-Man and threw him into an old building and followed him in there.

"No," she whispered. "No, no. I can't lose him."

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂

sike i lied when i said this would be the last chapter before spiderman 2. oops. anyway it was too long to include like the funeral and everything so sorry