2

"Shit!" Lillian gasped, jumping out of bed.

It was eight o'clock exactly. School starts at 8:15 and usually she wakes up at seven o'clock.

"How did I miss my alarm?" she asked herself, running through her room, grabbing clothing.

"Lillian? Are you ready to go?" Norman called from downstairs.

"No! I slept through my alarm! Almost ready!" Lillian shouted throughout the house.

"Well, hurry!" Norman shouted. "You don't want to be late!"

Lillian huffed as she threw on her clothes and brushed her short hair a few times. Then, she quickly tied her shoelaces and grabbed her backpack, leaving the house and getting in the car.

"You look like you just woke up," Harry laughed.

"Shut up," Lillian rolled her eyes.

Arriving to school at 8:09, Lillian speed-walked to her first class, making it at 8:12. Right on time. This was her least favorite class, Biology. At their lab tables, she sat next to Peter, which was a relief for hating the class so much.

"Hey Lillian," Peter greeted her with a smile.

"Oh, hey, Peter," Lillian fumbled over her words.

Peter slightly chuckled at her dismay.

"Shit," Lillian mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked.

"I forgot my glasses at home. I was in a rush this morning, I woke up late, I don't know how I missed my alarm," Lillian rambled. "I can't read without them. Speaking of glasses, where are yours?"

"Oh, I don't need them anymore," Peter smiled. "I have contacts now."

"Oh. That's cool," Lillian smiled. "You look good. With contacts, I mean."

"Thank you," Peter chuckled.

Lillian smiled as she nodded. She felt her cheeks heat up. Peter began to work on the assigned worksheet. Lillian stared, trying to make out the words written, but couldn't. Peter noticed this and began rummaging through his backpack.

"Here," he offered something in his hand. Glasses. "I don't know how different your sight is from mine, but you can wear my old ones. Sorry if they don't work."

Lillian put them on. She could make out the words, still a little blurry, but good enough.

"Thank you," her cheeks turned red.

"Anytime," Peter began to work again.

Slowly, Lillian began to work on the worksheet. Although she hates the class, she is really good at biology and it may be her best subject. Peter was also excellent at biology, which made her like him even more.

After fourth period, it was time for lunch, thank god. Every day Lillian would sit with Harry and sometimes Peter would join them, others he would sit alone. Today he sat alone, which kind of ruined her mood for lunch.

Mary Jane walked in with her lunch tray like she owned the place before she slipped on orange juice. Strangely, Peter was fast enough to stand up, catch her, her tray, and all of her food. She was amazed.

"Wow, great reflexes!" she smiled.

Lillian wanted to gag as Mary Jane began to talk to Peter about how she hadn't noticed his blue eyes without glasses.

"Gag me with a spoon," Lillian rolled her eyes.

"Aw. It's so funny when you get jealous," Harry smirked.

"I mean, how has she not noticed his blue eyes without glasses? His eyes are the most noticeable thing on his face!" Lillian ranted.

Mary Jane just left to sit with Flash, leaving Peter to look devastated. Lillian carefully watched Peter when something strange happened. His fingers stuck to the fork he picked up, he started to fling his hand to get it unstuck when something shot from his hand, sticking to someone's tray from a different table.

Suddenly, he pulled his hand back, the tray flying towards him. He ducked, causing the tray to hit Flash Thompson behind him. People began to laugh as Flash got angry at how dirty he now was.

Whatever shot from Peter's hand was still stuck to the tray and his arm, so quickly he tried to leave the cafeteria and everyone watched as the tray followed him.

"Parker?" Flash mumbled angrily.

He got up and followed Peter at a quick pace. Half of the cafeteria got up to follow, obviously knowing that Flash was about to get in a fight with Peter.

"Harry! Flash is about to go after Peter," Lillian nudged her brother, also following the crowd.

In front of Peter's locker was where he was, Flash threw a punch from behind and Peter dodged it. People started to gasp.

Lillian stood by Harry and Mary Jane, jaw dropped, watching as Peter was dodging punches left and right. One of Flash's friends tried to get Peter from behind but Peter did a back flip, also dodging it.

"Help him, Harry!" Mary Jane said.

"Which one?" Harry asked, causing Lillian to giggle.

Flash's friend got scared and bailed. Lillian laughed as he stood beside Mary Jane, watching Flash throw multiple punches at Peter, him still managing to dodge them all.

Peter finally grabbed Flash's arm and began to twist it before punching him in the stomach, sending him flying. He landed at the feet of someone who also dropped their tray on him, getting him all dirty again.

"You really are a freak, Parker," Flash's friend said before running to Flash.

Peter just had a smile after winning the fight, immense proudness on his face. Lillian walked towards him.

"That was so cool! How did you do that?" she asked in amazement.

Peter stuttered, "I don't know."

Peter smiled at the thought that someone thought he did something cool. A warm feeling swarmed in his stomach. He thought about Lillian and her bright smile for just a second before he got sent to the office.

Lillian proceeded with her day, finishing up school and walking home. She thought about Peter and what she saw in the cafeteria. Questions started to form in her mind. How? Why? Since when?

The main one was, how did he do that? And is it real, or like a prank? She decided to dismiss it for now, but she wouldn't forget what she saw.

꧁❤︎❤︎꧂

if you guys liked this chapter, just wait for chapter 3. i honestly love it myself. -t