Five

I happened to be at my apartment, I haven't been living here in a while, the only time I'd come here is to change my clothes, do laundry, and gather some overnight things. But I hadn't actually lived here. It wasn't bad but it wasn't nice at the same time. There was nothing to do, it was silent and boring. The walls had been decorated by my sister years ago but they looked bare without all the stolen items. 

And yes I know dating Nolan is going way past what my job implies but I can't help it, he means more to me than this job does. This job had been something I wanted and trained for I didn't let anyone stop me from it until I met him. I didn't take as many cases or assignments as I did back then, only because that allowed me to spend more time with Nolan. I might need to take up more cases seeming as he gets caught every day at this point.

I heard a ring from behind me, it was my home phone that was stuck to the wall. I walked over and picked up the receiver, "Hello?" 

"I hope you have party attire ready for tonight," Das spoke steadily.

"Party? Tonight?" I furrowed my brows at the sudden invitation.

"I'll explain everything later, get ready in something formal I'll pick you up later, be ready." She ordered hanging up the phone.

~~~

This is definitely something I wouldn't wear but Das insisted on it. I was wearing a strapless red dress, that made my hourglass figure noticed. Das said I looked and I quote, "Sexy" But I felt really exposed. It showed skin in all the right spots and made my a- well nice properties I should say, very desirable looking, but still I don't like this stupid dress. I hate wearing dresses I'd rather wear a suit for tonight.

"Come on, you look great." Das smiled while we both looked in the mirror.

I sighed and turned to her, "Whatever you say Das," We both shared a chuckle and I grinned, "We better be off before we miss out on the party, shall we?" I held my arm out for her and she intertwined hers with mine.

"We shall." 

~

I stepped out of the car with Das and we entered eyes turned to see the new visters at the party and they exclaimed when they saw me. Not in bad way, more in a creepy kind of way. Das put her hand on my lower back and took us to the refreshment stand, "Old people," I said giving a shiver.

"Here this'll make you feel better," She handed me a shot and I fake gasped.

"Inspector Das, drinking on the job are we?" I teased taking it from her hand.

She grinned and downed a shot, "No, just making the job less pressuring."

"I'm going to use that from now on," I joked making her laugh, "So are you going to tell me the real reason we're here?" 

She sighed and nodded, "Well, an anyonmous tip has given information saying that Mr. Booth and Mr. Hartley are both here tonight, and we're going to catch them."

My eyebrows shot up quickly and my eyes widened, I put on a smile and relaxed my expression to something less crazy looking, "Oh- uhm, right." 

She looked at me confused and I shrugged, "Just a little nervous,"

"A Spy? Nevrous?" She gasped falsely and I smiled wide.

I chuckled and looked at her a moment, "How come I couldn't have a dress like yours?"

"What's the fun in that?" She smirked. 

I was taken aback from her comment but she acted like she didn't care about what she said. Her eyes scanned the room and she perked up, "I have eyes on Booth and Hartley come." She grabbed my hand and pulled me behind her, she was moving so quick she was almost dragging me.

We started walking towards a waiter in white suit, she passed him and took some champine, sipping it them smiling triumphidy, "We've found our criminal."

"Booth," I smiled holding up my hand, "Good job!" She just looked at my hand and I dropped it, "Right...well let's catch them!" 

~

"Hey!" Das yelled stopping Hartley and Booth from getting into a room. They both turned and Booth's mouth hung open, not from Das but from my dress she had picked out. His eyes dropped down then slowly picked themselves up, taking in every detail. They flashed to mine with a devious smirk. 

I bit my lip trying to hold back a smile and I steadily held onto my gun as Das spoke, "You know for a guy who claims he's innocent-" She paused.

"You sure do hang around a lot of criminals," I finished for her. She seemed to be a little nervous but I was trying my best to ease her mind.

"I am innocent," Hartley dryly responded.

"He's a pretty damn good thief for his first time," Booth bragged making me smile.

"I'm not good at it." Hartley harshly retorted, "Don't say that."

"Don't sell yourself short," Booth bragged once again.

Their bickering went on another moment and me and Das shared an annoyed look, "Look, what I need you to understand is the Bishop is behind the entire thing." Hartley seemed to be defending himself again but Das wasn't falling for it and neither was I.

Sure he was an Agent when I met him but he seemed...off, I don't know how to put it but he didn't seem like the person he was telling us he was. He said he was amazing at reading people which he would be if that was his occupation but he read me wrong more than once. And not to mention his registry not popping up on any forces raidar seemed a lot more sketchy. I didn't trust him not one bit, it seemed Nolan was getting pretty cosy with him.

"She set me up." Hartley defended.

"Well, if this all The Bishops doingand you're really innocent prove it." Das and I got closer by every word, Booth's eyes haven't left mine and his smirk is still plastered on his face, he seems like he liked the outfit more than I do.

Das through Hartley a pair of cuffs, "Go on, detain your friend." 

"We're not friends." Hartley looked even angrier by the second.

"We're work wives." Booth said still looking at me.

"We're not work wives."

Nolan moved his head to the side so his eyes were on Hartley's for a moment, "Sister wives."

"We're not any kind of wives." Hartley dissmsed.

"Shut up both of you!" Das exclaimed making their attention turn back to us, "You either arrest him or we'll arrest you both." 

"What's it going to be Chief?" I asked with a noticeably false smile.

"I'm sorry man-"

"Oh!" Nolan said offensively, "Oh come on!"

"You're under arrest," Hartley said coming in front of Booth grabbing his hands.

"You're going to listen to them!" He paused dramatically, "After all we've been through together you-"

They stopped for a moment like statues and Nolan's eyes went to his, they whispered something to one another but I couldn't hear, I knew they were plotting something but I wasn't going to stop them, I just needed to act dumb enough for Das to believe I knew nothing about this.

"Tight enough?! Jesus." Nolan complained, he looked to me and gave me a 'knowing look' as I'd call it, it was his plotting look so I of course gave him a subtle nod then shifted my attention back to Hartley.

"See? I'm a good guy but sometimes," He paused, "I do bad things." He knocked the guns out of hands harshly sending them to the sides of the room. We both ran to retrieve our guns as Hartley pushed Booth onto the steel door making him grunt. The doot was shutting and we ran over, but it was too late, it had shut on th least second making me and Das furious. We banged on it and called out Hartley's name but no response.

And that's when we knew we had failed out mission...

~