Truths About Bruno

(Y/N) and Mirabel followed Bruno into his hide away room, seeing multiple different things with rats everywhere and one thing that stood out to (Y/N) was the rats on a little table squeaking. All playing with Bruno's stuff that laid there.

"You never left." (Y/N) muttered out loud, glancing around the room.

"Uh, well, I left my tower which was, you know." Bruno chuckled, "Was a lot of stairs." He grabbed a arepa con queso from a plate located near his red dusty chair, "And here, eh, kitchen adjacent." He held up the food and clicks his tounge.

Bruno picked up a rat from his chair, "Ooh, ooh, plus, free entertainment." He said to the girls, placing the rat next to another rat on a tiny stage.

"So what do you two like? You like sports? Game shows? Telenovelas?" He asked then listed going through book cutouts as a rat squeaked, running away with a piece of cheese making another one pop it's head through, "Their love could never be." Bruno finished, falling back down onto his red chair.

(Y/N) and Mirabel looked towards Bruno confused, "I don't understand." The (H/C) spoke honestly.

"Well, because she's his aunt and she has amnesia so she can't remember that she's his aunt, It's like very forbidden kind of..." Bruno started explaining and only to get interrupted by Mirabel.

"We don't understand why you left, but didn't leave." Mirabel spoke up and Bruno glanced at the girls.

"Oh, well, because, huh." His lips lifted slightly, "The mountain's around the encanto are pretty tall." Bruno stood up, walking over to a makeshift table and picked up another arepa.

"And uh, like I said, free food and everything." He turned to the rats, picking up the animals, "You guys love the free food, don't ya? Always hungry. Never satisfied."

(Y/N) bumped Mirabel's hand, gesturing with her head towards the table. The two of them walked over slowly and saw a makeshift plate with Bruno's name on the bottom, similar to the families one.

(Y/N)'s heart broke for the poor man, feeling herself tear up a little.

"Yeah, my gift wasn't helping the family." Bruno spoke quietly from behind them, "But, uh, I love my family, you know?" He had a sad smile on his face, shrugging his left shoulder a bit. "I just don't know how to..." He stuttered, looking down and shaking his head, "I just don't know how to.."

Bruno sighed, sitting back down in his red chair, "Well, anyway, I think you two should go, because, um." He paused, "I don't really have a good reason, but if I did, you'd both be like, 'I should go, because that's a good reason.'"

"Why was Mirabel and I in your vision?" (Y/N) asked gently, walking over to the male, "I just wanted to make the family proud of Mirabel for once, but if I should stop, if I'm hurting our family.. just tell me." she breathed out.

As the girl was talking, Mirabel looked at (Y/N) with a watery smile. She was so grateful for (Y/N), knowing that the girl would stop at nothing to get the family to acknowledge and expect Mirabel for who she is. Once again, (Y/N) was acting selfless with no reward needed.

Bruno takes a deep breath in, "I can't tell you two.. because I don't know." He admitted, placing down the green pieces onto the thing they came from and putting it back together, "I had this vision the night that Mirabel didn't get her gift. Abuela worried about the magic so, she begged me to look into the future. See what it meant and I saw the magic in danger. Our house breaking. And then, and then, I saw you two. But the vision was different. It.. It would change. And there was no one answer. No clear fate. Like your future was undecided. But I knew how it was gonna look, I knew what everyone would think because I'm Bruno and everyone always assumes the worst, so.. " He finished with a heavy sigh.