Jeanine Matthews- An Unlikely Love Story

Excerpt

"Please."

I could hear my voice ringing against the metal in the cramped room.

Before I could say anything else, she pressed her lips to mine. Her beautiful blue eyes closed but I didn't dare kiss her back. My eyes were as wide as they could possibly be. This was wrong. Beyond wrong. This was not as far as I intended to go.

Yet even though the voice of reason screamed in my head, I felt my eyes closing, my body relaxing, and my lips pressing towards hers.

We would both pay the price if anyone found out what happened.

"Jeanine," I said through a pause for breath.

We both opened our eyes for a moment, each fixated on the other.

"For one moment in time, let us forget who we are. We are merely two souls trying to find love and it's staring us in the face."

"But this is going too far," I protested quietly.

"We could go farther," She said and in that moment I couldn't even recognize her.

I pressed my lips to hers and she held me close. Her hand was strong on my upper back, like she was afraid I would disappear if she didn't hold me close.Her other hand was closer to my lower back and almost as strong, but she didn't make a move, even though she could've. There was no shedding of clothing at all that night, but what we did was something neither of us could ever speak of.