Ice Pick

"Mom! Dad! Wake up! I'm going to be late!" Jason yells, running into his parents bedroom and jumping on the bed.

Cassie groans, rolling over on the bed. Derek opens his eyes to see the alarm clock read 7:32am.

"Shit." Derek swears. He sits up in bed to see a fully dressed Jason standing on the bed.

"Did you eat?" Derek asks Jason.

Jason nods.

"Okay. Cassie, wake up." Derek says, touching her shoulder.

She groans and hits Derek back.

"Cass!"

This time she hits him a little harder.

"I'll have Jason tickle you." Derek threatens.

"I'm up." Cassie exclaims, quickly sitting up. "Gosh. What is wrong with you two."

"We slept in and Jason has to get to school and you have to get to work in 28 minutes."

Cassie's eyes go wide and she jumps out of bed, running to the bathroom. As she starts the shower and gathers her clothes. She orders Derek to bring Jason to school.

"But no one made me a lunch."

"You'll get hot lunch." Derek concludes, putting his jacket on.

"Sweet!" Jason's yells. "Bye mom. Love you!"

"Love you too. Good luck on your spelling test."

And on that note, Jason and Derek leave.

...

"I can't believe you slept in." Melissa says as Cassidy explains her morning.

"Believe it. Than Jason comes in, dressed already, ready to go while his parents are sleeping. We are such bad parents." Cassie groans.

"Your kid dressed and fed himself. Your doing pretty good."

"For now."

Melissa is about to say something when a young girl is rushed into the hallway. Melissa and Cassie share a look and Cassie motions to her, saying melissa can have her.

Melissa follows the girl to tend to her while Cassie stays behind.

...

Derek pushes the gurney with the sleeping teen on it into the morgue. The teen wakes a little and begins to sit up but Derek pushes her down and says,

"Lie still."

The girl sits up quickly while they're in the morgue. Derek can tell she's frightened but he just simply leans back against a wall. He picks up the pill bottles that we're besides her bed and reads,

"Side effects may include anxiety, waking, acne, ulcerative colitis. I thought medicine was supposed to make you feel better."

"W-who are you." Erika questions.

Derek ignores the question and continues. "You get a warning right before you have a seizure." Derek walks to the end of her bed.

"It's called an aura." Erika tells him. "It's- it's like a metallic taste in my mouth."

"You don't have to lie Erika. What's it really taste like?"

"It tastes like blood." She admits.

"What if I told you that all this could go away. The side effects, the symptoms, all of it."

Erika's eyes widen in shock and Derek pulls her forward. "And what if all those things," he starts. "Not only went away. But everything else got even better?"

"H-how?"

Derek eyes glow a little red and he leans forward. "Let me show you."

...

Derek spots Cassidy sleeping on the desk in the nurse station and can't help but smile mischievously. He walks towards her and says in a lower, more authoritative voice, "Sleeping on the job is not very professional Miss. Vasile."

Cassidy jumps forward and looks up. "I'm awake. I'm awake." She repeats.

Derek laughs at her disoriented face and Cassie turns to him.

"That's not funny." She groans. "What the hell are you even doing here?"

"I can't come see you?"

"No."

"I'll tell you later."

"Sure you will. Now leave. I have work."

"You mean sleep?"

Cassie mocks a face and nods.

...

"If you're looking for friends, you can do a lot better than Derek." Scott informs Boyd.

Derek emerged onto the ice along with Isaac and Erika.

"That really hurts Scott," Derek says. "I mean, if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus. Erika, how's life been for you since we met."

"Hmm." Erika thinks. "In a word... transformative."

"Isaac?"

"Well, I'm a little bummed about being a fugitive, but other than that, I'm great."

"Okay. Hold on. This isnit exactly a fair fight." Scott says.

"Then go home Scott." Derek says.

Scott growls and punches the ground. "I meant for them." He refers to Isaac and Erika.

Scott and the two betas fight but Scott easily wins.

"Don't you get it!" Scott yells. "He's not doing this for you. He's just adding to his own power, okay? It's all about him. He makes you fell like he's giving you some kind of gift when all he's done is turn you into a bunch of guard dogs!" He than slides Isaac and Erika to Derek's feels.

"It's true." Derek admits. "It is about power."

Derek shifts and slowly walks over it Scott. He head butts him than scratches his stomach. Scott attempts to throw punches but Derek blocks and retaliates.

Derek throws Scott to the ground and places his foot in his chest. Scott coughs up blood. Thinking he had enough, Derek removes his foot than walks away.

"Don't." Scott says as Boyd gets down form the ice cleaner. "You don't wanna be like him."

"You're right." Boyd says. "I wanna be like you." He than shows his bite form Derek.

...

Derek walks inside his house, exhausted from the day. He sees Cassidy asleep on the couch and walks over to her. He picks her up and she wraps her arms around his neck but doesn't wake.

He carries her into their room and places her in their bed. He goes to leave but Cassidy grabs his arm.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"The train station. That's where-"

"I get it."

"Cass-." Derek tries.

"Say night to your son."

Derek sighs and kisses her forhead. "I love you."

...

A/N

Sorry it's been awhile :(