Prologue

Derek wakes up to the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. He reaches out his right arm and feels that the place next to him is vacant.

Before he can say something, a phone on the right bedside table starts ringing. Derek closes his eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"Really?!" Cassidy exclaims, walking out of the bathroom, toothbrush in hand. "I know you're awake and you can't answer my phone for me. Lazy ass." She ends, grabbing the phone to see 'Laura' on caller ID. "It's your sister."

"Tell her we're sleeping."

"I'm not."

Before Derek can respond, Cassidy answers it.

"Hey Laura."

"Hey Cass. Is Derek there."

"Ya, he's pretending to be asleep."

"Traitor!" Derek yells.

"Tell my brother to get off his lazy ass."

At hearing that Derek frowns and glares at the phone.

"He can hear you." Derek says. "Cassy put you on speaker."

"That Bitch!" Laura says.

"Rude! You're the one that woke his cranky ass up."

"I'm not cranky!" Derek objects.

"Shut up!" Both Laura and Cassidy yell in unison.

Derek rolls his eyes at how his sister and girlfriend can go from tease fighting to ganging up on him in seconds.

"I think it's best if you tell us why you called now. Derek is missing his beauty sleep." Cassidy says into the phone.

"Right, sorry. I'm going to be gone longer than expected. And, I'm going to need some help." Laura reveals.

"So you were wondering if I could meet you there." Derek realizes.

"Ya..." Laura says hesitantly.

"How long?" Cassidy asks as she and Derek share a look.

"I don't know."

"We'll call you back L." Derek says, grabbing the phone and ending the call without hearing Laura's response.

"What are you thinking?" Derek asks, taking Cassidy's hands and having her sit down on the bed.

"That you should go help you're sister." Cassidy answers.

"But..."

"But for how long? A few days? Weeks? Months? And what would that do to Jason?"

"So you don't want me to go?"

"No but- I don't know. What if... What if Jason and I went back with you."

"To Beacon Hills. You want to move back to Beacon Hills."

"Why not? It's been six years and what place is better to raise Jason than where we grew up?"

"You're serious?"

"I'm serious."

...

One month later

...

Derek pulls up to the two-story home in his Camero, Cassidy in the passengers seat as Jason is in the back.

Cassidy gets out, a smile on her face. She goes around to the back door on the other side of the car and approaches a sleeping Jason.

"Jay." She says. "Wake up. We're here."

The five year old opens his eyes and they immediately widen when he sees the house. He looks to Cassidy, a smile on his face.

Jason gets out with Cassidy's help and quickly runs to the black haired girl standing by the front door.

"Aunty!" He exclaims as Laura embraces him.

"Hey Jace. How was the ride here?" Laura asks.

"Terrible!" He exclaims.

"Terrible? Why?"

"Mommy and daddy were arguing all the way here."

Laura looks to Derek, who has his arm slung around Cassidy's shoulders.

"Arguing about what." She asks.

"Moms poor sense of direction."

"Hey!" Cassidy yells as her and Derek approach the two. "I'm a perfectly good navigator."

"Cassie, we ended up in North Dakota." Derek states.

"I thought you were wanted to see Mount Rushmore."

The three adults laugh.

"Can we go inside now!?" Jason asks.

"Of course we can Jay." Derek says, taking the keys out of his pocket and hitting them to his son. "And you can open the door."

Jason grabs the keys and immediately goes to the door knob. He puts the keys in and unlocks his new home.

...

A/N

So, since I'm taking a long break from Twist of Fate, I decide to give you guys something. This story is going to be different- I think. As you can tell, it's third person narrative and it's going to stay that way. It's going to follow Cassie, Derek, and their relationship throughout the tv series.

I always wondered what it would be like if Derek had a girl/family when he came back to Beacon Hills. My character has history that you'll learn. There will be flashbacks. But, they'll be in later episodes (but still season 1)

This story is nothing special. Just thoughts that pop into my head when I day dream during school :). Honestly, I'm writing this for myself but decided to share because I feel bad for not posting A Twist of Fate. What I'm saying is read at your own risk. I'm not 100% editing or making it perfect. Just semi-summaries if that makes sense. And not tooooooo many details but they're still there.

Also, I've decided that Twist of Fate isn't going to be updated for a while because I really want to publish when season 5 is airing. I know, I know. That's a long time but bare with me because that's the only way I see it working for me.

Anywho, the episodes may seem a little off because I'm using either my memory of the episode or of the real part that is in A Twist of Fate because I do not have all 4 seasons.

Lastly, this stroy is not pre-written like Twist of Fate. I'm writing as I typr.

I hope you guys enjoy this if you decide to read.

And again, I'm sorry about Twist of Fate.

Bye!

Makenzie