Chapter 4: Cody's Past

*Saturday Morning*

Alicia woke up at 6 am to the sound of clanging iron until she got out of her bed and put on her robe before she headed downstairs to the weight room and found Cody doing deadlifts as he lifted over 300 pounds and set it down after his last rep until he looked up and saw Alicia.

Alicia: You're up early for a Saturday.

Cody: Yeah. Couldn't sleep so I decided to train a little early.

Cody re-racked his weights and took off his shirt before wiping off all the sweat from his face with a sweat towel when he sat down in a nearby chair.

Alicia: Is everything alright with you Cody?

Cody: Well..... not really. I've been having nightmares lately.

Alicia: What kind of nightmares?

Cody:......... When I saw my biological mom getting killed by that car she got hit by when I was a kid. The day you adopted me it had been ten years since she died. I had been having that same nightmare since then. After my dad left me and her, she was the only parent I had and after that...... I had no one.

Alicia put her hand on his shoulder and pulled up another chair when she sat next to him.

Alicia: I know that brought on so much trauma to you, but it's obvious that it's not out of your head. I can tell she was great mom and she really cared about you. No matter what you went through, she's always looking down on you and smiling on how far you've come. You're in your last year of high school, you're the star in the school play, and you've got a date with Ella tonight. She would be so proud of you like I am now.

Cody looked at her and smiled until the both of them stood up and held hands.

Cody: I'm so happy that you adopted me. I called you mom a few days ago because you and the other women in this house showed me more love than anyone else had these last ten years of my life, other than Aiden and Ella. Hell, I spent those last ten years doing drugs and life had been a complete shit show during those years that it all wasn't worth taking those drugs.

Alicia: I guess that's another story for another time. Here, I'll go run upstairs and change and we can do a little yoga. Mommy and me style.

Cody(Playfully): Oooookayyyyy.

Alicia lightly giggled and kissed Cody's cheek before running upstairs and changed into her workout clothes and coming back down to the dance studio before her and Cody did some yoga.

*Later*

After Cody showered and put on his outfit for the day, he came downstairs and found that Constance wasn't up yet and decided to take matters in his own hands by making breakfast for himself and all the girls. After a few minutes, Cody heard steps tromping down the stairs and sure enough there was Constance who was surprised to see Cody making breakfast.

Constance: Well this is a surprise. I didn't think you'd know a thing or two around the kitchen.

Cody: I was one of those last few kids in middle school to learn home-economics so it was one of those things that stuck with me. Here, you can help me with getting everything else set-up for when the others wake up if you want.

Constance smiled and started helping Cody get everything ready for breakfast until the food was ready when Cody made plates that consisted of egg white omelets, mixed berries, turkey bacon, and a stack of wheat toast. Once Cody and Constance got everything set up and made plates of the food for everyone the rest of the girls came downstairs.

Latisha: Looks like ya got yourself a little helper today Constance.

Constance: Actually, Cody made most of it. I just helped him set the table because I got up late.