𝒗𝒊𝒊. the jackass effect

❛ if you ask another question, i'm gonna punch you in the face

❛ if you ask another question, i'm gonna punch you in the face. ❜

     VINCENT HAYES HAD A CRUSH.

And today, he planned to make a move.

But as he walked up to Ayane's locker, he noticed someone standing beside her. Miguel.

In mid-sentence, Miguel stopped talking, noticing Vincent behind Ayane.

She frowned, turning.

"Vincent, what's up?"

He cleared his throat, trying to ignore Miguel's death stare.

"Uh... hey, Ayane."

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"...Hi Vincent."

Miguel rolled his eyes impatiently. "So, did you study for the History test? I might need to cheat off of you."

Ayane sucked her teeth. "Damn, I was gonna tell you the same thing."

"I-I have some notes if you guys want to use them," Vincent chimed in awkwardly.

Miguel glared. "No thanks."

Vincent was starting to get a little heated, now. He did not understand Miguel's dislike towards him and he was suddenly ignoring everything his therapist had told him.

"Hey man, do you have some kind of problem with me? I didn't do anything to you."

Ayane started to panic, looking between Miguel and Vincent fearfully.

Miguel stepped toward Vincent.

"Why are you hanging around Ayane like some lost puppy anyway? Don't you have any other friends?"

"Miguel–"

"No, why are you hanging around her? She told me you're her ex, obviously she doesn't like you anymore. Leave her alone–"

Miguel reached out and shoved Vincent with no warning, and Vincent quickly retaliated by beginning to throw a punch. But Ayane got between them before things got worse. She grabbed Vincent's fist which nearly made contact with Miguel's face, using all her strength to push him into the lockers.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Both of you!"

Miguel stood there, his hands twitching and seething with rage.