𝒙. prom dates

❛ what an idiot

❛ what an idiot. ❜

     HEADS TURNED AT WEST VALLEY AS Tory Nichols walked through the doors.

Ayane's included, because she never thought she'd see the girl back here again.

They stopped her to scan the metal detector over her. Ayane looked around, adjusting her backpack. Tory saw her standing there, then glanced away.

Ayane reasoned with herself, trying to decide what to do. Tory was seen as a psycho by nearly everyone here. Ayane had more reasons than anyone to hate her.

She started to walk toward her.

Tory looked like she felt out of place. Ayane wondered why the hell she was deciding to be nice to her.

"How'd you get back in?"

She glanced down. "You really don't wanna know the answer."

Ayane frowned, shaking her head. "The hell is that supposed to mean?"

Tory rubbed her arm.

"I had to get one of your parents to sign off on a paper saying I could come back to school and your dad signed. But before you get mad, I just wanna say... thanks."

Ayane was visibly pissed upon hearing this, but more so because Ennis had signed the paper without even asking Ayane how she felt. Typical.

"Don't thank me. I didn't have anything to do with it," Ayane muttered.

"No, I'm saying thank you because... you're probably the only person that's gonna talk to me. I know how everyone else feels."

Ayane looked up at her for a moment, then shrugged.

"You got a schedule? I can show you where you need to go."

"Tory?"

Both girls turned, seeing Sam standing there. Ayane glanced between the two, wondering if she should walk away.

"Uh... I'll see you at lunch."

With that, Ayane turned and walked away.

She was about to have a serious discussion with her father.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

     "CLASS, FALL IN."

All of the Cobra Kai students did as Kreese said, lining up in rows.