𝑖. 𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

.

━━♥♠♣♦━━

.

IF TERU KNEW just how greatly his quiet suggestion at that foreboding park had turned the cogs of faith cranking, he never would've mentioned it. But of course, he didn't quite knew it at the time that such an answer would leave a wandering mind— take yours for example— to pursue an entity just for the fun of it.

In your defense, the action you took was merely experimental and based on a hypothesis, a what-if question that you replayed over and over in your head the night before and finally succumbed to it not a day later.

So imagine the surprise when a heavy, strange wooden box lay atop your desk in the Council room which definitely piqued the interest of Akane and Teru. This strange turn of events made Teru doubt if he should've said what he said the night before if you were going to take it this seriously.

"You bought an Ouija Board?" he asked, walking closer to get a better look at it.

"An authentic one even..." inspected Akane who took off his reading glasses for further examination.

"Yeah, I know. Got it from a creepy antique store like 3 blocks away." You chuckled, drumming your pretty little fingers atop it as you grinned like crazy. "Never did actually had the courage to walk in there before because they had creepy porcelain dolls hanging from shelves and ohoho, were they a fright to look at. But hey, I got an Ouija board and a leather book from it so, win-win."

"By the way, I just finished signing off a bunch of reports and tests from the teacher and guess what? The Reading Society wants to hold a book fair, which is exciting for me and Science Club— I always forget their club name it's too damn long— wants more space to do their experiments, I mean, don't they already have the laboratory all to themselves?" you ranted, gesturing to a small pile of reports turned in and done by yours truly, on top of a shelf with a small potted plant on top that you've probably forgot to water since last week.

But the boys were still on the subject of the Oujia Board and how you happened to casually just buy it and bring it to school. You, on the other hand, couldn't wait to try it out with your peers. If this was you a few more months ago, truth be told you wouldn't be actively trying to chase ghosts, looking for trouble and instead, would've sought comfort in a good book or even a movie if you had liked so.

"Don't look at me like that, it's not like I have anything better to do."

Akane quirked an eyebrow up. "You did mention your January tests the other day."

"Oh, that I lied about. I finished those long ago." You admitted with a sheepish smile.

"Seems like you to do that." Hummed Teru who, despite the same grin he wore on his face was not at all amused with this sort of uncalled ghost-searching behaviour.