𝑖𝑖. 𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

.

━━♥♠♣♦━━

.

YOU BLINKED FROM WITHIN THE DARKNESS. YOU REMEMBER NOTHING.

How you came standing across the crumbling hospital building was something you've yet to remember—hell, how you even managed to come this far after the blackout surprised you. You were panicking with a hand roughly pulling the edges of your scalp in a futile attempt to actually recall even just tid-bits of memory that brought you to this situation. There was nothing, absolutely nothing that you could remember after reading that newspaper headline. Your memory is as blank as the Sahara desert.

You steadied your quickened breath and composed yourself.

It was well past 6 o' clock, Shizu is definitely worried back home.

Home, yes you need to go back home.

Turning around, you tried to find your way back to the train station all the while hoping that a blackout (was the name you settled on calling whatever the hell happened) wouldn't happen again.

Reaching the empty streets, you peek from behind to see the remains of the hospital drifting farther away as you went on further in your journey to the station. You have yet to be acquainted with these winding roads as you rarely visit these parts of the city for it was usually the most crowded.

Sleepwalking...

Yes-!

Thoughts drifted to and fro in your head as you try to navigate yourself in an unfamiliar place.

It was like sleepwalking but scarier and much, much more dangerous.

All of the sudden you hear someone else's footsteps behind you.

You quickened your pace, wary of the stranger and as you did, they did so too.

Danger, your mind warned and urged your legs to sprint forward, not taking into account your pathetically low endurance. You ran and curiously, took a little peek behind you.

Lightning flashed and you could see yellow sparks blocking your pursuer out of sight. Eyes widening to the size of saucers, your body turned around to catch a full sight of the attack, again in its curiosity, failed to weigh in your momentum from the moment's sprint. A shot of pain seared from your lower ankle and you bit your lip in a foolish attempt to remain silent.

You fell.

And then everything, once more, faded to black.

You recalled a particular deja vu moment and with it, the willpower to resist the frighteningly growing black spots around your vision came.

There was a crackling of lightning —one so bright it might rival the sun for only but a split second. You heard voices; some were muffled through the distance but was still coherent.