chapter 1: feild trip

I woke up this morning, dreading going to school. Then I remembered, we were going to some fancy science lab. I was super happy, I loved science.

I looked out my bedroom window to see him in his bedroom. He was putting on his glasses and I saw him start to take off his clothes, that's when I shut my blinds. It felt wrong.

I changed into my favorite pair of jeans and a grey sweater. Maybe he will see me, for once. His eye was always on Mary Jane, Mary Jane Watson. She had everything. All the boys wrapped around her finger.

A lot of them liked me, too. But it was different. She indulged them, while I didn't.

I ran out the door 15 minutes later and I saw Peter trying to chase after MJ. I realized I had made a big mistake when I had gone behind Peter. The kids were so mean, but they would make the bus driver leave without him in the morning. Even if they had to leave me.

The bus sped away after Mary Jane got on and I sighed. I saw Peter slouch down. "Damnit." I muttered.

"Oh, uh, hey! Hey H-Holly." He stuttered.

"Hey Peter." I blushed.

"I'm surprised they left you Holly." He said.
God his voice, his quiet, yet heart wrenching voice!

"Oh Peter, I'm not much to them. But it's ok." I said as I grabbed for my iPod and earbuds. As I prepared to walk to the science museum.

"Would you like to.. uh maybe listen to some music and walk to the museum with me?" I asked. God he's going to think I'm so weird.

"I'd like to do that.. uh.. yes holly." He said. I passed him an earbud. I was happy, this would be an excuse for us to walk near shoulder to shoulder.

Then the song "Mr. Brightside - The Killers" came on in shuffle. "I really like this song Holly." He said with a smile. Chills went all down my back.

In about 10 minutes we reached the museum. I saw his friend, Harry in a car with who had to be his father. I saw the older man point at me and Harry got all embarrassed. I smiled and waved. "This is the part where I gotta say bye, Peter." I said as he handed me the earbud.

"T-thanks." He said as I walked away, running up to my friends Gemma, Josh, and Bayli.

"Hey babe. What were you doing with that loser, Parker." Josh said.

"I don't think he's a loser. Plus you're the one who let the bus take off without me, asshole." I stormed off. I didn't want Josh to be my boyfriend. But he was.

I stood against the cold marble pillar as MJ approached me. "Holly, no one said it was ugly sweater day today!" She giggled in my face as her stupid boyfriend flash chuckled with her.

"You know, your dads right about you. Being a slut." I said as I grabbed her arm and whispered down her neck. She looked at me, shocked and stomped her little foot and walked away.

I felt someone touch my shoulders from behind me, Harry. "They bothering you?" He asked.

"I've got it handled." I said, then smiled at Peter. Harry grabbed me close, I knew he liked me.

"Peter, get a picture of us. For school, ya know?" He winked at Peter.

Now I was starting to feel conflicted. I loved Peter. I've always loved him, even when we were little kids sitting in his Aunt Mays backyard picking up bugs, and i didn't know what love was.
But I really liked Harry. And he clearly liked me, plus he was cute! And money doesn't hurt, does it.

"Harry, be careful. I got a boyfriend you know. Don't worry, I'm breaking up with him later. He's an ass." I whispered to him.

I saw Peter starting to look kind of sad, and lonely. Was he jealous? god. i hope so.

We walked into the museum and Josh grabbed me "Don't hang out with Prep boy and Parker. Don't want to ruin our reputations babe!" Josh said.

"God, you're pathetic!" I shrieked as everyone looked at me. Our teacher grabbed both of us and told us to keep our yelling away until we left the building, or we would get F's.

I walked away from him and towards Peter. I was listening in on him telling Harry some really cool things. Harry didn't care, it was funny. But I did, I wished Peter would talk to me.

Josh came up to me, and I said quietly "I'm dumping you, Josh. Bye." I tried to continue walking. But he grabbed me tightly!

"You know, Holly." He started as he looked at all the spiders. Gross! "I know what scares you most in the world. Spiders." He said as he smashed open a spider container and dangled the spider over me. I tried to keep quiet but I couldn't, these awful creatures just made me anxious.

"H-hey leave her alone!" Peter yelled, yet quietly.

He walked up and shoved Josh, sending the spider flying. I shrieked to get out of the way. It had disappeared.

Harry went over to rough Josh up a bit, he made sure he wouldn't come back to bother me. "Sorry you're stuck with the lame crew now." Harry sighed.

"It's ok, I like you better anyways. And Peter? That was really brave. Thank you." I said as I hugged him. He looked so baffled and it was cute. I smiled over at him. I saw Harry nudged Peter towards MJ. I didn't understand what was so great about her.

Then Harry walked over to her and started flirting. Wow, him too? I was so sad. When was it my turn? Then he walked away, and Peter went on to take pictures of her. Of course.

I walked away. I didn't need to see that.