。0.4 。

-"She has friends

-
"She has friends."
-

After Nova had set up a small bed on the floor for Natasha made from a spare mattress the tall woman found in one of the old unused dorms, Natasha went to sleep, Nova doing the same, their backs facing one another, Nova's eyes starting out of the window.

During the middle of the night, Natasha woke up from her sleep when she heard hushed talking. Flipping over, she saw that Nova's bed was empty, her sheets ruffled and bunched at the bottom of the bed, pillows messy. The door to her room was pushed open but still closed mostly.

Standing silently, Natasha walked towards the door and pulled it open a little. Peeking through, she saw Nova talking to a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was shorter than Nova but taller than her and she was crying, trying to be quiet.

"I'm sorry." The blonde woman apologised in a gasp and Nova seemed a little awkward as she watched her cry.

"Why?" Nova asked, voice low and Natasha could barely hear it.

"She's gone, Nova." The blonde sobbed and Nova seemed to stiffen as if she knew who she was.

"Are you sure?" Nova questioned, still as emotionless as she was before.

"Positive. In her sleep. Oh, I knew she was ill but not this ill." The blonde continued to cry.

"You, uh, check her pulse?" Nova quizzed and she nodded, weeping a little louder. "Sh,  you gotta be a little quieter. No one knows you're here."

"How are you so calm?" The blonde whisper-yelled, voice shaking. "You should be sobbing, too."

"Okay, just- Here." Nova sighed, gently hugging her.

Biting her lip, Natasha couldn't help but feel invasive as she watched Nova hug the unknown sobbing woman. Squinting, she tried to look closer in the dark and saw Nova's eyes a little shiner as they reflected off the moonlight that bounced through the windows.

"I miss her so much already." She sobbed more, staining Nova's baggy t-shirt as she gripped the fabric, nuzzling into her chest desperately.

"It'll be fine." Nova said, trying to sooth her tears, sort of awkwardly rubbing her back; it was clear she wasn't used to the affection or emotions.

"I better go, I guess." The blonde whimpered into her shirt, as if asking to stay.

"Yeah. Um, I'll talk to you tomorrow." Nova nodded, not taking the hint.

"Yeah, yeah. See you tomorrow, Nova." She bid, leaning up to kiss her cheek before walking away, wiping her eyes.

Natasha's eyes widened as Nova turned around to walk back. Quickly, she stuffed herself back in the makeshift bed as Nova opened the door, closing it behind her. Grimacing at the tears staining her shirt, she took it off and climbed back into bed, wiping her nose with a tiny sniffle.

"You really should be less nosy." Nova spoke up, breaking the silence but her voice was a little thicker.

"I'm a spy. It's my job." Natasha tried to joke but got no reply. Clearly, Nova wasn't in any mood for joking. "You okay?"

"Fine." Nova said shortly, wiping a hand down her face with a sigh. "Go to sleep."

"You wanna talk about it?" Natasha asked, ignoring her words.

"Fuck off." Nova grumbled, laying a hand under her pillow.

"Yeah." Natasha nodded, turning back over and trying to go to sleep. "Was she a Widow?"

"Not exactly." Nova answered.

"How was she in here, then?" Natasha questions, confused.

"She has friends." Nova replied.

"Mentor? She looked older than you." Natasha hummed.

"That's because she is. But she's not a mentor." Nova mumbled.

"Oh." Natasha nodded against her pillow, the sound of Nova's blankets ruffling as she moved in the background.

Silence took over the room again this time for the rest for the night. Nova fell asleep quickly, used to her own bed and savouring the warmth of her sheets. Natasha took a little longer to fall asleep, the unfamiliar room taking some adjusting to yet it was still somehow cosy for an assassin.

They both just wondered how long this would last.

{684}