9

"You three should have waited for us to be alerted! Now he's gone and we're in danger!" Giorno shouted at Fugo, Mista, and Fiore sat on the couch in his office.

"You could have been in danger!" Fiore shouted back.

"Well now I'm in even more danger! All three of you! You're suspended from investigating any further until I say!" Giorno shouted.

"You don't get to say anything! We're your capos and soldiers, we help you no matter what because that's what we promised to do," Fugo said.

"Yeah! And you would have done the same when..... When....." Mista started.

"When Bucciarati was in charge," Fiore added.

"Stop! I'll find Fuji myself!" Giorno exclaimed.

"No you won't! I'm coming with you!" Fiore shouted in reply.

Giorno stood in silence, looking at the floor.

"Fine, got any leads?" Giorno sighed.

"Well, we found him with special effects makeup, so I'd assume he's somewhere where they'd sell prosthetics. Lucky for you, there's only one place in Naples that sells enough to make a false face."

—------------------------------------

"Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to have sold one of your kits to a man with the last name Fuji?" Fiore asked, leaning on the counter of the effects shop as Giorno idley stood.

"Oh that guy? Yeah he seemed a little creepy. What can we do for you about this guy Fiore?" the man behind the counter asked.

"We'll need an address, I know you guys ask for addresses for shipments and coupons so could you maybe hand one over?" Fiore replied.

"Well, what can you do for me?" the man began to haggle.

"I know a car that happened to get a bad hit, it carries less gas now. Hand over the address and I'll tell you the number," Fiore whispered.

"You got a deal. It's a warehouse just a few blocks away on the outskirts of Naples. I guess it used to be abandoned but now that Fuji guy is there," the man explained.

"Thanks, keep an eye on number 4," Fiore said before walking away.

"No problem," the man chuckled.

"How did you do that?" Giorno asked as the two walked through the back alleys.

"I used to dabble in special effects makeup. The shop owner likes to bet on cars in street races. He also remembers every face who comes to his shop," Fiore explained, "I help him cheat with his bets, he helps me get information."

"That's pretty useful, good job Fiore," Giorno replied.

"Thanks! Now all we have to do is get to the warehouse!" Fiore replied happily.

Giorno sighed.

"Hey? Giorno? What are you doing?" Fiore asked, watching as vines began to wrap around her from the ground.

"Keeping you safe...."

"Giorno?"

"I'll come and get you when Fuji is defeated. But for now, you'll be kept here," Giorno explained as he walked away.

"Giorno! Get back here!" Fiore shouted, writhing amidst the vines.

Giorno continued walking out of the alley, leaving Fiore behind.

As Giorno walked out of earshot, slow clapping could be heard from the alleys.

"Well, well, looks like your boss is a gullible amateur," said Fuji, his voice weaving through the air like silk.

"Fuji," Fiore growled.

"Fiore," Fuji replied playfully, "It will be fun to see what he thinks when he finds out that you've been cursed."

"Cursed?"

"Yes, cursed. You see, my Beastie Boys can place a deadly curse that lulls the cursed into a deep sleep. I can choose how long it takes for the curse to kill the cursed, so let's see. Should we pain him by making your death long and incurable, or short and quick?" Fuji said, tapping a finger against his chin as he walked circles around Fiore, "Well, as much as I like to see my victims lose hope with a quick death, it might be fun to make yours slow, let him build hope and then lose it. So let's give you a month, hm? Yes, a month."

"Don't you dare!" Fiore exclaimed.

"My dear, don't worry. You won't feel a thing," Fuji explained, placing a hand on Fiore's head, which lulled her into the cursed sleep he had promised.

"See you on the other side," Fuji chuckled, letting himself fall backwards and disappear into a puff of smoke.

"It's been a while, do you think something happened to them?" Trish asked as she, Mista, and Fugo lounged around the living room back at the house.

"How long do you think it takes to carry out a mission?" Fugo snapped.

"No, she's right. They said they'd come back before it got dark and try again the next day if things didn't work out. but they aren't here," Mista mumbled, "We need to go check out that place Fiore was talking about."

"Alright fine, honestly they must just be taking their time, but I'll go to humor you two," Fugo sighed.

—-------------------------------

"Fiore! Hey where are you!?" Mista shouted.

"Did you check in the alley?" Fugo sighed.

"Not yet!" Mista exclaimed, running to the alley before stumbling backwards, "w-what in the hell did he do?"

"What's- oh my god..." Fugo whispered.

"What happened to her?" Trish exclaimed.

"We gotta get these vines off of her!" Mista shouted, getting back up and rushing over to the unconscious Fiore.

Mista began trying to rip the vines off of Fiore, Trish eventually joining in before the vines began to shrivel and fall.

"I got her," Mista sighed as Fiore collapsed into his arms, "damn it, she's cold. We need to get her back to the house quickly!"

—------------------------------------------------

"Hey, is Fiore around!?" Giorno exclaimed in a panicked voice.

"The only reason you should be asking that is to apologize, but she's out cold," Mista grumbled.

"I know, it was a trap. The warehouse was empty, she got attacked by Fuji," Giorno explained.

"We didn't know about the Fuji part, but we found her. Come on."

Mista stood up from his chair, leading Giorno to Fiore's room where she slept.

"She hasn't woken up?"

"Not at all. Kakyoin and Cerise said they'll be down in a bit."

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't told her to stay where she was, this wouldn't have happened..."