2

"Oh, be careful there." Camilo said as Y/n got of his arms.

"Sorry. The ground just shook." Y/n said feeling very awkward.

"Oh, typical situation. Our casita here loves to play tricks with us." Camilo said.

Y/n chuckled.

"I'm Camilo." Camilo said.

"I'm Y/n Díaz." Y/n said.

"I've never seen you around the village before, did you just moved here?" Camilo asked.

"Oh, no. I moved here a year ago and I had to inside to take care of sick abuelo. I haven't gone out for so long that... I forgot how the outside world even looks like." Y/n said.

"Oh, why didn't you ask for my family's help?" Camilo asked.

"My mom isn't sociable with other villagers. She just stayed inside with me and always rely on my sister, Ana to afford medicines." Y/n said.

"Tell you what, why not you bring home some of my tía Julieta's arepas. When your abuelo gets hungry, you can pass him some. He'll heal in no time." Camilo said.

"Really?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah." Camilo said.

"Thank you so much Camilo." Y/n said.

"No problem, now let me bring you to my tía." Camilo said.

As the two walked towards the kitchen, Camilo told Y/n all his family's gifts except for Mirabel because she has no gift and Bruno because we don't talk about Bruno.

As they reached the kitchen, Y/n saw Julieta talking with her husband, Augustin.

"Tía Julieta, do you have a minute?" Camilo asked.

"You want some arepas don't you Camilo?" Julieta asked.

"No. I was wondering if you could give an arepa to her. She's Y/n and her abuelo has been sick for a year now." Camilo said.

"Oh, of course. I'll pack it up for her." Julieta said.

"So, tonight there is my little brother, Antonio's gift ceremony. We're about to find out his gift tonight. I'm hoping to see you here." Camilo said.

"I'll come, hope you'll wait for me." Y/n said.

"Will do." Camilo said.

As Julieta gave Y/n the packed arepas, she went back to her house leaving Camilo standing and daydreaming.

"Camilo?" Julieta asked.

Camilo snapped out of reality.

"Uh, yeah?" Camilo asked.

"Your mamá called you." Julieta said.

"Oh, sorry tía." Camilo said as he ran out of the kitchen and went straight to his mother.

"Yes mamá?" Camilo asked.

"Camilo, can you help me find Antonio. His ceremony will be in an hour." Pepa said.

As Camilo walked away to find his little brother, Dolores walked beside him.

"You liked the girl, Y/n don't you?" Dolores whispered.

"What?" Camilo asked tried to not mention Y/n.

"I heard everything." Dolores whispered.

"We just met, Dolores." Camilo said annoyed.

"Well, from what I heard how you talk to her just now, seems to me you have a love interest." Dolores said.

Camilo then just rolled his eyes and focused on finding Antonio.

Meanwhile, Y/n went back home to see that Ana, her mother and her abuelo spending time together. She smiled as she watched the three laughed together.

"It's been a long time since they've spent time." Y/n thought.

"Mamá, I'm home." Y/n said.

"Hola Y/n, your abuelo was looking for you but don't worry, me and Ana have handled everything." Maria said.

"Thank you, mamá. I brought you all some arepas." Y/n said.

"Aww, thank you. I'll put them on a plate to give them to your abuelo." Maria said.

As Maria walked over to the kitchen, Ana went to Y/n.

"Who gave those arepas to you. I'm sure you didn't buy it because you don't have any money." Ana asked.

Y/n then went to Ana's right ear and whispered.

"The Madrigal family gave it to me." Y/n whispered.

Ana's eyes widen.

"Julieta?" Ana whispered.

Y/n nodded.

"Thank you Y/n. Thank you so much." Ana hugged Y/n.

Once Maria went out of the kitchen and placed the plate of arepas on the table, Ana and Y/n smiled as they watched their abuelo took a bite.

Suddenly, their abuelo was no longer weak and was now better than fine.

"Papá, are you alright?" Maria asked.

"Better than ever, mi amor (my love)." Luis/abuelo said.

Maria then turned to Y/n.

"You met the Madrigals didn't you?" Maria raised her eyebrows.

"I might have did." Y/n said.

Maria then hugged her daughter.

"Thank you, mi flor (my flower)." Maria said as a happy tear rolled down her cheek.

"Don't cry mamá. I'm just glad abuelo is feeling good as new." Y/n said.

Luis then hugged them.

"Oh, there's a gift ceremony tonight in la casa Madrigal (The Madrigal House). I was wondering if I could go?" Y/n asked.

"Of course you can. From now on, no need to ask if you can go out. You're free to go." Maria said.

"Really?" Y/n asked.

"You girls have been a blessing to the family. Your papá must be so proud of you two if he's still here. So, the one I could repay all those hardwork you've been having is your freedom." Maria said.

"Thank you, mamá." Y/n said.

"Now, go upstairs and get ready, you're gonna be late." Maria said.