Wishlist - ☆4☆

The door opened with the ringing sound of the windchime as the fresh scent of bread and the sweet scent of coffee welcomes her

The door opened with the ringing sound of the windchime as the fresh scent of bread and the sweet scent of coffee welcomes her. The warmth inside the cafe gave her the crumbs of a feeling of home.

The cafe was decorated with beautiful lights, balloons, flowers, and a cute banner of "New Year Special" with a menu board on the side, specially decorated for the occasion.

The cafe becomes busy from afternoon to evening, making it easy for her to sneak into the staff room instead of the cafe's back door without anyone noticing her.

She quickly went to the then empty changing room and locked it to change her uniform into one of the cafe's consisting of long-sleeved white shirt, black khaki, black apron and a white beanie. She placed her bag and school uniform in her locker and locked it securely, and then set out to work for three long hours.

______✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰______

Seung glanced at the clock as it struck 7:00 PM, indicating her shift was over.
She covered her mouth as she yawned and then stretched her hands, sleepy and totally tired from the whole day rucus.

She quietly made her way to the office of the owner of the cafe, walking past her colleagues, happily chatting among themselves.

She then found herself in front of the brown door and knocked on it two times.

"Come in" A monotonous voice came from the other side of the door.
Seung opened the door and stepped inside of the small room and shut the door.

She made her way towards a short chestnut-haired lady, probably in her mid fourties, her eyes were fixed on the laptop screen and her fingers were continuously pressing the keys of the keyboard, neon lights reflecting from her glasses.

Seung stood opposite of the table with her head a little low while glancing at papers, clips and other items scattered all over the table.

"Boss" A soft mellow voice made the lady to lift her glass and look up to notice the girl in front of her.

"Oh Seung! What brings you here?" Her lips now curved into a warm smile as the girl in front of her nodded shyly.

"Hae-nim, payment day"

"Oh! oh! Wait a sec" The manager took out a notebook and checked her schedule.

"Today's your payment day right? Wait a minute..."
The lady quickly opened a drawer and fumbled among a lot of brown envelopes and took out one of them, before handing it over to Seung.

"Thank you Hae-nim" Seung bowed while accepting the envelope.

The lady waved her hands in denial. "Yah Seung-ah how many times I have to tell you that no need to be so formal here? Loosen up a bit okay?" She stood up and reached out a hand to pat Seung's shoulder.
She then glanced at the window "You should get going, it's getting pretty late now"