❦0.1.❦

I was watching my mother cut Beatrice's hair before the test, she cut mine just before. I never looked like Beatrice, she has green eyes while my eyes are blue, her hair is light brown while mine is darker. The only things that are the same are our height and pale skin and father loves her not me. Father always told me I'm not supposed to think of myself, to always help others, to never look too long in the mirror but that's not me, I'm not selfless, I don't always help others and I always look too long in the mirror.

"Are you girls nervous?" Our mother asked.

"No" We both answered.

"Were you? For your test?" Beatrice asked.

"No, I was terrified. But I had no reason to be and neither do you"

While they talked I looked in the mirror. My dark brown hair was in a French braid and tied in a bun at the back of my head. My grey eyes looked dull because of the grey dress I had on. I, of course, had black jeans under. I made a friend when I was 14. His name was Uriah. He was a Dauntless-born. We met at an old building one day and asked what I was doing so far from my fraction and I just said 'None of your business', he kept bugging me until I stapled and said if he didn't shut up I would throw him off the building we were on and he just laughed and then declared that we were Best Friends. We met every week at that same spot, we talked and talk and one day he brought me two pairs of black jeans and long sleeve shirts because he knew I hated dresses. He stopped coming a month after that, I was 15 then.

I zoned back in when mother closed slid the wooden panel over the mirror

"That's all you get. rules are rules"

❦❦❦

Today we take the test. I know I'm not abnegation but I'm still scared its gonna tell me I am. I'm pretty sure I'm dauntless but you never really know. For my brother Caleb it's easy, he's a natural.

"Beatrice, Briana want to take the other bags"

"Sorry"

We said and helped the lady with her bags

"What if she would have been blind would you have helped her then?" He later asked us when we were out of hearing range.

"I was thinking about helping her" was Beatrice's replay while mine was; "She would have had a cane if she was blind"

"Real funny Briana. it's not that hard"

"For you maybe" We replied together, like most times.

"Just relax Beatrice take a deep breath, do like Briana and trust the test"

"I just know I'm getting dauntless so I'm not scared"

"Aren't you scared of leaving mom and dad?" Beatrice asked.

"Well ya I'm gonna miss mom but I don't want to be stuck in abnegation all my life"

❦❦❦

"Hey, so all the food that we're not getting you give to the factionless?" A candor boy asked. Ya and yes was his answer,

"You're a lier, why are you lying to me? Everybody knows you just keep it to your self so why don't you just admit it? Hun? I'm talking to you are all you stiffs deaf or something? Hey" I went to walk up to him but Caleb stopped me and Beatrice,

"Beatrice, Briana don't"

We heard the train coming and turned just in time to see the Dauntless jump off and run into the building,

"I'm totally going into dauntless"

❦❦❦

"100 years ago after the war, our founders created a system they believed would prevent future conflict and create laying peace. Today the aptitude testing based on your personality will assign you to one of the factions while it is our belief that choosing the faction indicated by your test is the best way to ensure success within the faction system it is your right tomorrow at the choosing ceremony to choose any of the five factions regardless of your test results however once the choice has been made there will be no change permitted"

Beatrice was standing in between me and Calob when the doors opened she look at him then at me and I smiled and said "be brave",

When I walked into the room the walls were mirrors, I didn't mind so I untied the bun and let the braid fall till it reach my mid back.

"Wow, you are the first abegnation to not look away from the mirrors," A dauntless girl said, she had flame red hair and emerald green eyes with a tattoo that looked like if her arm was on fire.

"I'm not like most abegnations"

"Doesn't talk like most too," she said while sitting on the chair.

"I'm jay, I'm gonna be administering the test. You'll be given a series of choices to test your aptitude to each faction until you get one result, I wouldn't be worried 95% get the faction of their origin and the others don't. You'll be in the 5% that don't for sure"

"That's what I was hoping"

"I like you, now, bottoms up"

I drank it in one swallow and gave it back to jay,

"Ya I like you"

I blinked and when I opened my eyes Jay and the computer were gone. I got up and looked in the mirror but when I looked back mirrors were all around me. A voice said 'choose' and in front of me was two tables one with a knife and one with meat. The obvious choice was to take the knife so I did but once it was in my hands the tables and meat disappeared.

There was a barking sound behind me and there stood a dog, it looked mad and when it went to jump on me I stabbed the knife in its chest.

"Puppy!?" A girl that looks like Beatrice when she was smaller was crying.

"What did you do to the puppy?"

I looked back and it wasn't the mad looking dog from before that was on the floor but a puppy.

"It was a bad puppy"

Was all I said. Then, I woke up.

"Well, your results were dauntless congrats"

❦❦❦❦❦❦

EDITED