𝘔𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺

*whoosh

The bright, blue light returned. Klaus and Liv appeared, looking numb and broken. Their gazed stared ahead, ears piercing from the previous taunting days and nights, the constant loud blaring noise of firing and bombs were now a mere memory that would replay in their head like a cassette tape on repeat.

Never ending.

Klaus' uniform and skin was painted red, the blood of his lost lover. He had started sobbing. His arms felt empty, they were previously filled of another persons. That person he could never love anyone or thing the same again.

Now the only thing in his arms was the briefcase that felt heavier than what the actual weight was.

As for Liv, she stared longingly outside the window. It had been so long since she saw Ben but what she had witnessed over the pass ten months clouded over those thoughts. Klaus and his lover would spend their time together, drinking their company of the other person. She didn't want to take that away from Klaus. She has never seen him like that with anyone. Who was she to take that away from him to just see her own lover?

It has been so long since she saw him.
The silent ache in her heart continued on for the time they were in Vietnam. Never leaving her.

The bus came to a stop, Klaus had quickly gotten up with Liv quick on his tail. She didn't say a word. To be honest she didn't say much when they were even in Vietnam. For the first few weeks there, she had spoken rather a lot trying to convince Klaus to reopen the briefcase so they can go back to the present.

Go back to Ben.

It was no use. Arguing had started between them with him wanting to stay and Liv wanting the opposite. She had felt it. The crack between their friendship like a cut waiting for a plaster to be placed to hold it together. To heal.

Klaus was now on the pavement and repeatedly hit the briefcase to the side of the road again and again and again, letting all of his anger out. Liv wrapped her arms around her torso staring at him.
Every hit at the briefcase it make a zapping sound.
He threw the case and it blew up into flames.

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Liv wandered through the massive mansion, her figure slumped. Her eyes dull, tired.
"Ben?" She crocked out, barely a whisper.
Eyes darting slowly around the hallway. She repeated his name, louder this time. Fast footsteps were heard and a distant sound of her name sounded through the house.

There he was. Jogging to her his arms out, inviting her into his embrace. He hadn't changed at all. He looked perfect. Snapping out of her movie like daze, she ran to him, wrapping her arms around him.
He picked her up and she wrapped her legs tightly around his torso, holding on tight.

"You're safe, you're safe." He mumbled to himself in utter relief. Unknowingly repeating himself several times.

Her eyes started to prick with tears and before she could stop them, tears cascaded down her face. He pulled back slightly to look at her face, concern quickly etched his face. Before asking what was wrong she spoke up.

"You promised you'd find me, you promised." She supposed it was intended to sound more harsh but she had no strength to fight with him. She didn't want to. "Please don't let me go, please never let me go ever again." She sobbed out and pressed her face to his neck.

He gently caressed her back, despite not knowing what she had been through, he still responded with, "I won't. It's all going to be okay. I've got you."

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Ben and Liv had now walked through the hallway together, following the smeared blood on the ground. Bens arms were still wrapped around Liv waist and her hands tightly grasped the arm around her, scared to let go.

Incoherent mumbling was heard from Klaus' room. Ben and Liv glanced at each other and slowly made their way to his room.

They noticed Five in the room, he looked tense. Well, to be honest that's normal with Five.
Once they had wondered into Klaus' room they sat down on the bed with Liv sitting on Ben's lap, arms still wrapped around his neck. His arms were still arms tightly around her waist.

Klaus had stared at them when they walked in, his gaze lingering for a little to long, showing his envy.

"You did it, didn't you?" Five scoffed in disbelief.

"What are you talkin' about?" Klaus quickly spoke after him.

"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus."
"Symptoms of what?" Klaus sat down cradling his head felling the exact symptoms Five was just about to list.

"The jet lag. Full body itch. Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain."
"You gonna tell me about it?"

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead." Klaus spoke slowly emphasising his speech.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase." Five scoffed. Which he seems to do a lot.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it." He sighed sadly. Liv had no doubt that opening that briefcase had been a blessing but also a curse, haunting him of what he lost.

"And the next thing you knew, you were... where? Or should I say when?" Five quickly asked, contemplating to himself.

"What difference does it make?"

"What diff... Uh... Okay, how long were you gone?"

"Almost a year."

Ben's head slowly turned to Liv.
"What?" He questioned quietly in shock. Concern written all over his face.
"Don't tell me that's true, please." Liv only nodded in response, waiting patiently for a response. Tears welled in his eyes at just the thought of her being away for that long. For him it was only one to two days.

Klaus had listened in on Ben's questioning but had focused his mind on getting the teenage old-man away. It only caused his pain listening to the two of them anyway.

"My beautiful, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should have been there with you-" Ben started to ramble, apologies and guilts falling from his lips. Liv gently pressed her lips to his in a short bit sweet kiss.

"It's ok. I love you"