𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦

Diego walked through the hallways of his childhood home, being greeted with a distant memory that came to mind. The incident of earlier still fresh in his mind.

2003

Ear piercing alarms blared whilst a young Diego ran across the corridor, top half in school uniform, bottom in his training gear.

Allison came down the stairs hurriedly calling, "Coming through! Come on Luther!"

The one and only Reginald Hargreeves came into view shouting-" How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?"
"Behind you!" Luther squeezed past his father.
"Come along children! Come along!" Reginald clapped his hands together to signal the fast pace that they needed to be at.

Allison stressfully looked in the draws of her room searching far and wide for her mask to hide her identity. She noticed her lovely mother come into the room the same sickly sweet smile on her face as usual. " I can't find my domino mask!"
" It needed a little TLC after the last mission." Grace handed the mask to her daughter kindly. " Thanks mum." The girl sighed gratefully.

The room next to her daughters was her sons, she looked into it to be met by Luther doing push ups in preparation. "Ready to go?" Space boy gave her a thumbs up in response.

" Where's my knives?!"

A beautiful playing of the violin was heard from the room down the hallway. Grace smiled at her other daughter and said, " Sounds beautiful Vanya"
"Thanks mum." Vanya looked up to answer.

Laughing was heard from the other room and slight smoke came out of it. "Oh Klaus!" Klaus was seen jumping on his bed laughing manically at the fire he made. " Thank you mother." He thanked as she put it out with the shirt that was laid across the boys chair. "Boys will be boys," she scolded, shaking her head in disappointment.

Ben ran passing his mum on the way to his room. "Oh, Ben."
"It's stuck!" Grace carefully pulled up the zip untangling it from the loose threads it was stuck on. He smiled at her in thanks and called for the others. "Guys, wait for me!" Klaus ran out after him in an attempt to catch up.

"D-Don't mmm- Don't mm- mm... Don't muh- muh-..." Grace listened in outside the door and walked in when Diego had stopped trying to get his words out.

"Remember Diego, just picture the word in your mind." She comforted.

Sighing, he tried again with more confidence,
"D-Don't mm- muh- D-don't muh-
Don't mo-move."

"You did it! I'm so proud of you!"

A clearing of a throat could be heard from beside the door way. The two mother-son duo looked over and saw Reginald standing upright, hands behind his back assertive.

TODAY

Klaus laid peacefully in the bathtub, bubbles overflowing. The only sound was the water gently crashing against the side when he moved. Head under, he closed his eyes and let the calmness engulf him.

A vague noise of whispering appeared shouting at the man. More voices started and overlapped each other crying out crazily for help.

Klaus blocked his ears from the screaming of the voices in his head and suddenly resurfaced, like when someone's falling in a nightmare. Just before they hit the ground they gasp for air, awake from the wretched dream.

He took a moment to compose himself before clutching his headphones in his hands and putting them on.
With shaky hands, he picked up a joint and places it between his lips, lighting it.

Ben had his head on Olivia's thigh while they were laying down peacefully on his bed. Ben slightly hummed to an old tune his mother used to sing when she was around the house cleaning, he wondered how he still could recalled it.
Liv played with his hair gently, twiddling it around her fingers. The humming became distant and went to an eventual stop. When the women looked down she saw the sight of her love in a deep sleep. A smile graced her lips.

The smile was quickly whipped of when the sound of a clocked gun filled her ears. Shooting went off and she jumped up into an upright position. "Benny, ben get up!" She shook his shoulders, he groaned but when he saw the worry that was evident on her face,  he cupped her cheek reassuringly.

Another fit of bullets went off and you could hear them ricocheting. Ben immediately understood and they both turned their head to look at the door. Leisurely they looked back at each other, locking eyes, both wide.
"Klaus."

Klaus cheerily swayed his hips to the some that played. Blatantly unaware of what chaos was around the corner. The dead couple popped their head around the corner of Klaus' room and shouted his name, ferociously. Liv turned around to Ben and saw that he looked expectantly, itching to see if the rest of his family were out of danger.
"Go and check if your family are alright I'll try and get Klaus to realise us." Ben just stared unconvincingly and unsatisfied with the idea of leaving her with two assassins, even if they wouldn't be able to see her. Or for that matter hurt her in anyway. She nodded for him to listen to what she said.

Contemplating and weighing his options he pecked her lips, "Stay safe, I'll find you, I promise."