𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

17 YEARS AGO.

A doll like skinned women opened up the turntable and placed the vinyl inside, starting the recording up.

'During extreme weather conditions, a climber must possess the wisdom to determine...'

She picked up the bell and rung it. Suddenly you could hear the noises of fast footsteps on the ground rushing to the dining room. Once all seven children were behind there chair their father came in, looked at all of them, then gave the command

'...when evacuation is inevitable.'

"Sit."

Everyone sat down with their porcelain like mother in the background with a content smile in her face. Vanya was eating, Diego was picking at the chair with his knife, Ben was reading, Klaus was rolling a joint, Allison and Luther we're going g each other lovey eyes and Number Five was glaring knives into Reginald's forehead.

Abruptly Five stabbed his butter knife onto the table.

"Number five?"

"I have a question."

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. But you know the rules, no talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

"I want to time travel."

"No."

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spacial jumps just like you said. See?" He insisted and jumped next to h to prove his father wrong.

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknown of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to defending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

Five sighed "I don't get it." That's a first.

"Hence the reason your not ready."

"I'm not afraid!" (Chicken Little is a coward and I am NOT a coward!I'm sorry this reminded me of that vine)

"Fear isn't the issue. The affects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, i forbid you to talk about this anymore."

Five stopped caring about the rules and ran out of the dining room.

"Number five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

He made it outside and opened the gates to let himself out.

'Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you
Run boy run! They're dying to stop you

The boy spatial jumped forward to summer to winter...

~Run boy run! This race is a prophecy~

"Not ready my ass!"

~Run boy run! Break out from society~

...to the apocalypse.

~Tomorrow is another day
And you won't have to hide away
You'll be a man, boy!~

Destruction...

that's all Five saw.

~But for now it's time to run, it's time to run!
Run boy run! This ride is a journey toRun boy run! The secret inside of you
Run boy run! This race is a prophecy
Run boy run! And disappear in the trees~

The umbrella academy came into view. "Vanya? Ben? Dad?" He called out in hopes for someone to be there.

NOW

"What are you reading?" Olivia quietly mumbled against Bens clothed thigh. She was currently resting her chin on his thigh as she painted her nails a clear varnish with a blue undertone, resting her hand on his knee. Ben was sitting there reading and Klaus was sleeping in nothing but his underwear. Quite a daring sight. She was being careful not to spill any varnish on her black dungarees and rainbow coloured long sleeved T-shirt. Ben had is arm on her back holding the book to read with the other hand stroking her hair lovingly.
"Murder on the orient express," he responded. She vaguely remember him reading it when he was young. Bookworm chuckling to herself.

Liv squealed gleefully when finished her last nail of the liquid. Glancing through her fingers one by one happily. "Benny, BenBen," the red head repeated without a pause. He looked up from the page-turner and smiled at her joyous state. Chuckling he looked at what she was marvelling at. "They are beautiful but not quite as much as you." He stated cheesily kissing her knuckles being wary of her nails that were not quite dry.

Klaus suddenly jumped up ruining the moment between the two "You know you talk in your sleep?"
"Oh..." panting.
"There's no point." Olivia started.
"You're our of drugs." Ben finished sighing in disappointment.
"Shut your pie hole Ben, said with love and hello Lou!" Blowing a kiss at the two.
"Hello!" Waving back. Klaus was rummaging through his coat looking for said things. "I've got a crazy idea, but why not start you day with a glass of orange juice or some-"
"-eggs!" Liv finished Ben nodding at her suggestion. " can't smoke eggs." Klaus lit up a cigarette and started fagging putting his leg up the table with his groin open and only covered up with small multicoloured pants.

Ben quickly covered Olivias eyes to prevent her from being scarred by the sight his brother was giving off.

"One of these has to be gold-plated right?"

A clearing of a throat was heard suddenly.

Klaus being startled said-"Christ on a cracker! Pogo?"

"My apologies master klaus. I have a query for you."
"Oh?"
"Items from your fathers office have gone missing. In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay."
The two dead turned to Klaus."really?" They spike in unison.
"Really? You don't say." Klaus repeated.

"Any idea where it went?"

YESTERDAY

Klaus lifted up the very ornate box with pearl inlay the ape was going on about and kissed it with a smile on his face.

Going of to the side of the hargreeves residence he found where all the bins are taken. "Come on! Ah!" He managed to open the box and took out the contents inside, chucking the papers in the bin.

He ran of to pawn it at a shop and put the money he gained in his trousers. Klaus managed to find a dealer and pulled the cash out and handed it to the man in shagged clothes, waiting expectantly. One the drugs were given he went back inside and took of the rest of his clothes and fell onto the sofa.

NOW

"No, no, no. No idea. Sorry"
"Just drop it already your fucked."
"She's right, it's pogo." He agreed with his girlfriend. "Drop dead." Klaus responded whispering to the two. "Low blow." Ben acted offended. Olivia just laughed at the odd pair.
"Would you shut up?" Klaus hissed at his brother.

It was obvious the other living person(or ape lol idk) took offence to this snarky remark not knowing of the others in the room as well.
"Excuse me?"
"Pogo, I didn't mean you, I just..." trying to resolve his father like figure growing up. " I- you know. There's been a lot of stuff I've been dealing with. Just a lot of memories coming up. All those good times. Well not so much good times as really awful, terrible, depressing times."

"The contents of that box are...priceless. Were they to find their way back to the office, whoever took it would be absolved of any blame or consequences."

"Oh well luck bastard."

Clicking his tongue, "Indeed."