1

Rebecca thought this was a punishment from her mother,a punishment for not being a model daughter, for not getting the best grades in high school, for her long nights of wild parties, etc. But in reality, her mother only wanted the best for her and when she was offered the possibility of working in the United States she thought that a change of scenery would be very beneficial for her young and rebellious daughter.

She had had a happy childhood and had been loved by her parents, Annette, a very loving nurse but a bit strict with her children, and Ken, a nice history teacher, who felt a great weakness for his children, whom he loved and spoiled very much, and for his older brother Richard, who was affectionately called "Richy", Richy was three years older than Rebecca and always protected his sister. Everything changed when she was 14 years old, her parents decided to divorce and, although it was amicably, Rebecca did not like it at all and began a period of rebellion, full of parties, alcohol and bad company.

And all that had led them to this moment, Annette and Rebecca were moving into their new home in Davenport, Iowa.

After a long day unpacking boxes and setting up their things, Annette decided to order a pizza for dinner, as she was too tired to cook anything. Mother and daughter were sitting in the living room eating the pizza in silence, until Annette decided to speak.

-I know you are very angry with me, but I am doing all this for you, because I love you very much and I couldn't keep watching you ruin your life," said Annette.

-I swore to you that I would change, that I wouldn't drink anymore and that I would get better grades, you didn't need to bring me across the ocean to this horrible place.

-Daughter, this is a beautiful city and a chance to see another part of the world and meet new people.

-Mom, I belong in Ireland, my friends, Dad and Richy are there.

-You will make new friends here in no time, and you can talk to dad and Richy whenever you want, please make an effort, this is not easy for me either, he also left a lot in Ireland but I have done it with a lot of illusion because I believe that here we can start again from scratch and get my daughter back, whom I love with all my heart and for whom I can do anything, so let's start again, shall we?

-It's ok mom, I don't know why I thought alcohol or partying could help me, I was mad at you and dad and I just wanted to hurt you, but I really didn't think of all the consequences, I was stupid I'm sorry, Rebecca said with tears in her eyes.

-My baby girl, I love you, no matter what, I love you.

-I love you mom and I would love you more if we came home.

-We are home now.

-I mean Dublin,

-I know, we'll go in the vacations, this is our home now and this is where our new life begins.

Well, guys I'm Mary and this is the first time I write a fanfic and besides English is not my mother tongue, so if you find mistakes don't hesitate to tell me, I hope you like it, I know it seems a bit boring for now but I promise it will get better. Let me know in comments what you think about this story , if you like it or not. Kisses Mary