7

The week went by and Rebecca and Colby were still dodging each other, until one day Rebecca got a text in the middle of a class. "Ashley: Hey meet me after class in the locker room, I need to tell you something, it's important, don't miss". Rebecca didn't hesitate to follow what her best friend told her, so once classes were over Rebecca headed to the locker room, but no one was there, she assumed Ashley would be on her way so she sat down to wait for her. After a few minutes the door to the locker room opened but the person who walked in was the last person Rebecca would think she would find there.

-Colby? What are you doing here?

-I came to bring my sister her toiletry bag, she forgot it in class and asked me to bring it to her.

-Well, I've been here for a while and I haven't seen anyone, when I got here it was empty and no one came in except you.

-And why would he ask me to bring this here if she's not here?

Suddenly they heard the lock of the door close and they both ran towards it, but it was in vain, they were locked in.

-Great! What are we going to do now? How are we going to get out? God my mother is going to kill me-, Rebecca began to ramble.

-We'll find a way out, we'll call someone and they'll come and get us out.

Nothing worked, none of the phones had any reception, the door was locked and the school was empty, no one would hear them if they called for help.

-Who did this to us? And why?- Wondered Colby.

-I don't know- Rebecca replied, although she was getting an idea of who might be behind this encloses.

-I'm sorry for my behavior this week, I didn't want to avoid you but I didn't know if you would be mad at me for leaving your house so quickly, I have to admit that your mother scared me a little,but that doesn't justify my behavior, I'm sorry.

-Don't apologize Colby, I've been avoiding you too, I was embarrassed about what happened at my house and I didn't know what to say to you.

-Do you want to talk about what happened now?

-I don't think I need to, well we've already told each other everything and nothing really happened, so I think it's all said and done.

-What if I want something to happen?- Colby suddenly asked.

-What!- Rebecca replied in surprise.

-I like you, from the first time I saw you walking into class, I felt something I've never felt before with anyone, I still feel it every time you're near me, I don't know how to explain it.

-It's as if there was no one else around us, as if time stops when we are together and a hundred butterflies flutter in my stomach.

-Yes, exactly-, said Colby, realizing at that moment Rebecca's feelings, -but why didn't you tell me before.

-What? That I like you, that I'm crazy about you, that you're the most amazing guy I've ever met, I didn't tell you anything because I thought you didn't feel the same way, since you've always been so distant, except for the other day.

-I'm sorry, I've been a jerk I know, but I've never felt this way with a girl before, hey why don't we meet up on Saturday and I'll make it up to you.

-Yeah, I'd love to- Rebecca said with a smile.

And then what they both wanted the most happened, their lips met and fireworks exploded in their mouths. It was a tender but passion-laden kiss that only ended when the door to the locker room opened as if by magic, or rather it was opened by Ashley who had left in a hurry before Rebecca or Colby saw her.