9

After leaving Rebecca's house they went to a small Italian restaurant, owned by the parents of their friend Claudio, who was there that night helping to wait tables.

-Good evening gentlemen, what would you like to drink- Claudio asked them, trying to look like a serious waiter.

-Claudio, I didn't know you worked here, what do you recommend- smiled Rebecca.

-I just come to lend a hand some weekends.

-The owners are his parents and everything here is delicious, although for me the best things are the pizzas and the tiramisú- said Colby, also smiling.

-I guess it's not the first time you've been here- said Rebecca.

-Guilty- replied Colby.

Colby and Rebecca decided to order some pizzas and soft drinks.

-I told you how beautiful you look- said Colby as they waited for their dinner.

-Yes, and you look very handsome too.

They talked some more about school and their friends and the pizza was ready, Claudio left them and left.

-Umm, it's the best pizza I've ever tasted in my life,- said Rebecca licking her lips.

-I told you, the best pizza in the world.

During dinner they couldn't stop looking at each other smiling, after the pizza they ordered two pieces of pie, Colby ordered the tiramisu and Rebecca had the chocolate. When they finished Colby paid the bill and they left for their next stop.

-Well, now comes the second part of the date- he said.

-Where are we going?- Rebecca asked with a laugh.

-It's a surprise.

A few minutes later they were in front of a bowling alley, Rebecca was speechless.

-You don't like it, I know you probably would have preferred us to go to a disco but I'm not a big fan of them and I'm not a very good dancer, "fatal" would be the right word. You know what, forget it, there's a discotheque that the guys usually go to that...- Colby began to ramble.

-Colby- Rebecca stopped him- this is perfect.

-It's a surprise.

A few minutes later they were in front of a bowling alley, Rebecca was speechless.

-You don't like it, I know you probably would have preferred us to go to a disco but I'm not a big fan of them and I'm not a very good dancer, "terrible" would be the right word. You know what, forget it, there's a discotheque that the guys usually go to that...- Colby began to ramble.

-Colby- Rebecca stopped him, -this is perfect, I love it, although I haven't bowled in a long time, I probably won't hit a shot.

-I'm sure you'll do great, shall we go in?

-Yes.

As soon as they entered, the smell of the bowling alley brought back memories of her childhood, when her parents had not yet separated and everything was happiness, or at least for her. The bowling alley was almost full but they found an empty lane to play on, a while later Rebecca was winning, she was very good at it, Colby was surprised.

-You're a liar, you play great, or maybe that was your strategy? To make me think you weren't playing very well and then humiliate me- Colby joked.

-No, I'm serious, I didn't know if I could still hit a ball, I hadn't played in a long time.

-But you must have spent a lot of time playing before because you look almost like a pro.

-Well, my dad used to take my brother and me bowling every Saturday when we were kids- Rebecca looked sad.

-I didn't mean to make you sad, did I say something wrong? If it's to say you were humiliating me, I was kidding.

-Yes I know, it's not because of you, it's just that I miss my father so much, I'm sorry I don't want to spoil the date, we're having such a good time, let's continue.

-Are you sure?

-Yes.

They went back to focusing on the game and continued playing for a while longer until finally Rebecca had won. They decided to take a short walk before returning to the car.

-I'm having so much fun, I wish this night would never end- said Rebecca.

-Really? Because I thought you'd think I was boring.

-Not at all, I've never had a date like this and I'm enjoying it immensely.

For a moment they stopped walking, they looked at each other and their lips melted in a passionate and romantic kiss, the heat started to run through their bodies, their hungry lips didn't seem to want to separate but the need for air made them separate suddenly.

-Wow- they both said in unison.

Those were the only words that came out of their mouths, they walked back to the car and Colby took Rebecca to his house, they were standing on the porch.

-Thank you for tonight Colby, it was wonderful.

-Thanks to you for agreeing to go out with me, I had a great time.

-Me too, I hope we can do it again soon.

-Of course.

Silence fell and they both stood there looking at each other, Colby was about to kiss her when the door opened.

-Good night guys, did you have a good time?

-Mom!- Rebecca couldn't believe her mother had interrupted them again when they were about to kiss, she was dying to taste Colby's lips again.

-We had a wonderful time, Mrs. Quin.

-Yes, we went to dinner and then bowling- said Rebecca.

-Sounds like fun- said Annette.

-Yeah, well Rebecca I had a great time, I'll see you tomorrow, good night.

-Good night Colby, thanks for everything, see you tomorrow.

-Bye