II

Dream usually liked his football practice, hanging around with his best friends, doing the thing he was best at.

Nevertheless, he couldn't stop counting down the seconds that marked the sharp whistle sound of their coach, Phil.

After Phil patted them all on the back, he congratulated them for another successful training and showed true happiness for their continuous improvement.

"Clay. Good work. Keep it up and you'll surely get a scholarship", Phil hit him on his back.

Dream nodded and smiled but secretly tapped on the ground with his foot, wanting to change out of these clothes.

"Sapnap! Good work", Dream said, entering the changing room and high-fiveing him.

The phone of Dream lit up and so did his face.

"Found another plaything?", Karl let out his usual, contagious laugh.

He simply rolled his eyes:"You know, I'm not like that."

"A girlfriend? Finally?", Quackity joined the conversation.

All the guys suddenly surrounded Dream and made 'ooh' and 'uhh' sounds, teasing him about the constant buzzing sound of his phone.

After they all sang the "Dream and mysterious girl sitting on a tree"- song, the finally left the changing room only to encounter another group of girls.

Dream recognized them from the sitting platform of the football field, they stared at them for the whole practice lesson.

"Dream? Can I talk to you privately for a second? It won't take long..", a blonde girl said.

Her hair was wavy but not curly. She wore a lot of accessories like multiple earrings on one ear or armbands stacked onto one another.

The Feral Boys were continuing with their 'ooh' and 'uhh' sounds when Dream agreed to meet her outside which he only sighed and apologized for later.

After turning the corner on the building, she looked on the ground and cleared her throat.

"Uhm! I don't know if you remember! But last year at the festival I was crying right here.. On this spot!", she yelled in a quiet and shaky voice.

The festival was an event the school had annually. It was something very special for the students.

Every class had a random theme for example a café or a scary house with costumes. They raised money for charity and also had fun that way.

Other schools were invited to play against their football team and that was quite popular because the Feral Boys have had a history of victories and were apparently unbeatable.

Dream looked around and couldn't recognize any of the scenery.

For him it was just a few bushes, a gray, plain building and a lawn that urgently needed to be mowed.

"Anyways..", she continued after realizing Dream wasn't gonna comment. "A ball hit me in the face and.. My nose started bleeding. And I cried here because it was so embarrassing.. And then you came and kneeled down.."

Dream frowned. Did that really happen??

".. And held your jacket sleeve under my nose.. Until I stopped bleeding.. "