VIII

Dream's heart sank to the ground.

When he entered his school, it was full of screenshots of his phone, the app, his chat.

Around him were groups of students whispering about him, gossiping, he felt like all eyes were glued to his back.

Like the a lifeless puppet on stage with all spotlights on him.

He ran through the school searching for his friends until he realized that they may hate him too now.

Especially George after seeing the chat with 'alex' and him actually being Dream and his.

The shadows of the people seemed to creep closer, narrowing the space for Dream to move more and more.

He wanted to put his hands on his ears and scream as loudly as he could.

Sweat was dripping off his face, his breathing started to turn irregular, his eyes wandered from right to left to right a little bit too quickly.

Point was, he had to get out of there.

So he ran, just ran.

"Dream?", Karl's voice called in front of him.

He slowly looked up, seeing the Feral Boys and George all looking at another one of the posters.

George's look was full of hatred, colder than he had ever see his eyes before.

"So", George started whispering.

He was angry but also looked like he was about to cry.

"From the moment we met, we weren't really strangers? You lied?", he spit out.

Dream opened his mouth but his throat was dry, unable to speak.

He gulped but just tasted salty tears, his eyes had to blink multiple times a second to see anything.

He dashed outside the school, directly to his home until the whispers disappeared from his ears.

Covering his ears he started to hide under his bed blankets.

He didn't know how many hours have passed but his phone has been blowing up and a quiet  vibration was heard every few seconds.

Honestly, he was simply scared of what was to come and what they were talking about.

It was dark already. He decided to pick up his phone, just to catch a glance.

Gulping, he opened Karl's messages.

Karl: dude, are you okay?

Karl: hello? please reply, we're super worried.

Karl: dream! i mean clay. please. one message.

Me: hey.. how is uhm the situation at school or rather was

Karl: ah, thank god you replied.. im gonna be honest.. there are two groups of people, one who kind of support you or dont have anything against it and uhm.. the one who completely switched up..

Me: ok.. and you dont hate me or anything right

Karl: what? dude. we're best friends, of course i dont hate you. i understand why you were trying to hide it but you can be honest with me from now on. ill be your friend no matter what

Me: ah. thank you :))

A call from Quackity caught him off guard.

"Hello?", he replied, having lost his fear of talking to his friends after the interaction with Karl.