VII

Dream slowly took his business card, looking at him and not saying a single word in disbelief.

"So? What do you-", the man in the suit said before he was interrupted by loud fireworks going off on the football field.

They all looked up to the sky.

Different beautiful colors exploded between the stars, shining lights on the faces of the celebrating people.

"I'll give you a call later", Dream said, taking George's hand. "Niki, I'll see you."

She simply winked and waved them goodbye as they dashed away.

They stormed through the crowds while the sky lit up in different shades of green and blue.

Finally they arrived at a quieter place, between two trees and a rusty black fence.

The fireworks were prettier up here and less people talked nonsense around them.

George was mesmerized by the colors, his eyes lit up and the sparkle in them danced tango.

While he was admiring the view, Dream was looking at George enjoying the sky.

In that moment he realized how hard he truly fell for him.

He wanted to hug him, kiss him, spoil him with money.

"So pretty!", George yelled, pointing up.

"Yeah", Dream whispered to himself. "You're pretty."

Part of him wished for George to hear but he didn't.

But maybe it was better this way, Dream thought.

George lowered his head and suddenly looked 10x sadder than a few seconds before which worried Dream.

"Ah.. Are you okay?", he asked, laying his hand on his shoulder.

George turned towards him, smiling but also having small drops of tears in his eyes.

"I think you should take the scholarship", he said in a small voice, barely audible.

The fireworks have stopped but the cheering on the field didn't.

Still, it was too quiet.

"I think you should go, it's.. it's an amazing opportunity, really!"

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know."

He wiped away his tears with the sleeve of his jacket.

Dream didn't know what to say, he stood there awkwardly.

And even though he was a true player (usually), he was scared to do anything in case it would feel insensitive though he was normally good at comforting people.

Like offering him money to wipe away his tears. Just kidding.

It was also the first time he saw George cry.

It broke his heart to just stand there being helpless.

It reminded him of not being able to help his mother whenever his dad hit her like there was no tomorrow.

But George was the one who broke the silence:"It would be selfish of me to want to keep you here, right?"

Dream honestly didn't care about the scholarship.

He had money and he was fine with a local college where he could stay in contact with his friends.

After all 2 years was a long time and who knew what would happen in those years.