2

I WATCHED AS SHE DANCED WITH HIM.

that dumbass mariano guy. just last month, he was in love with my sister, and here he is now, dancing with the one and only, isabela madrigal.

fuck him.

thinking of him is only making me have a bad mood.

i gave attention to the actual party instead, feeling the beat of the music and it slowly calmed my nerves.

i felt slight diziness. the drinks finally taken effect on me. i fought the urge to dance and mingle with people, i'll probably do something dumb and regret it tomorrow.

i had no one to talk to, since mira left to get some fresh air...probably. i wanted to comfort her—even though i don't know how—but i think she needed some time alone with her thoughts.

this is kinda boring.

things escalated as i was shaken up by sudden shouts.

was it mira?

i rushed outside antonio's room, worried.

turns out, she thought that the casita was in danger...

it wasn't.

maybe she was drunk? no, she wouldn't ruin that little gremlin's special night, no matter how drunk she is.

my train of thoughts was disturbed as i felt dizziness.

gosh, i need fresh air.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

encanto being surrounded by trees is such a blessing.

i laid my back on the tree, letting it support my body weight.

i look up to the sky, watching the stars. feeling my eyes get heavy, the stars slowly lulling me to sleep.

a small nap isn't gonna hurt, right?

wrong.

i woke up from my nap, worrying about how long i have been asleep, and how my sis would "welcome" me back home.

a string of curses made its way out of my mouth as i sped up, my mind finally recovering from being muddled.

i stopped dead in my tracks as i hear footsteps.

hiding behind a tree, i peeked, curiosity getting the better of me.

isabela?

the golden, perfect child? i always thought she'd be the type to sleep at nine because "abuela said so".

she's there, sitting under the moonlight. growing flowers, just like she always does.

roses, vines, and...rosemary? interesting choice.

i diverted my attention to her, studying her every move.

she looks like a dream.

wait. something is different about her tonight.

let's see...

pretty, shining eyes, that mole near it that makes her look more ethereal, flowers blooming with her every move...and her breathtaking genuine smile.

wait, what?

she's smiling...genuinely.

it's kinda refreshing to see her like this...

i look like a total weirdo right now, huh?

besides that, the path where she is sitting is the shortest route towards the town

i guess i have no choice but to get out of my hiding spot.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

hey!

i woke up to 30+ reads so i decided to make another chapter.

i think i can try to do only 4 chaps every week bcs i'm busy and struggling w my studies.

i'll try to finish this story in 10-20 chaps so it wouldn't take long for it to finish.

i'm also struggling bcs i don't know how to make isabela look or seem more canon in this story lmao.

anyway, tysm for reading. <3333