6

"THEN LET'S HOPE THAT TONIGHT IS NOT A HORRIBLE DISASTER."

the two older women laughed together before señora alma raises her glass.

"to a perfect night. salud!"

we raised our glass together, our voices mixing together as we all said "salud".

as we finally put our glasses down, this signified the start of our meal.

i reached out for the rice first, deciding that i'm pretty hungry.

isabela seemed to reach for it too but she suddenly retracted her hand, reaching out for the corn instead.

she's still ignoring me, huh? ouch, i guess.

i put some rice into my bowl before passing it to mirabel, making sure that i don't get in the way of her field of vision. she was staring intensely at the woman in front but she still managed to grab the bowl.

my efforts were put to waste, however, when mariano decided to offer avocado, the bowl getting in the way between dolores and mirabel.

mira panicked, grabbing the bowl so she can look at dolores once again. she was too late,  however. dolores was already whispering the secret to the shape-shifting boy—camilo, i think?

he was definitely shocked, seeing as his face turned to mirabel, then bruno, then to his face, this time, it's a bit deformed.

señora alma and señora guzman seems to notice this, the former trying to distract the latter from what was happening.

i decided to take a quick break from the situation as i have seen her in my peripheral vision, struggling to find a way to offer me the water.

i decided to just grab it from her. our fingers grazed while doing so. i muttered a quick thanks as a response, ignoring what just happened between us.

"water?" i forgot what i was supposed to do, as i just passed the water directly in front of mira's face.

she just subconsciously grabbed it, wanting to look at the situation unfolding in front of us.

just as i offered the water, the man beside camilo spat water after the revelation, hitting the guests in front of him.

this is getting fun.

as everyone played it off, señora alma suddenly called to mirabel, with her responding with "huh?" in a startled manner.

"the cream, please?" mirabel smiled awkwardly, asking her father the cream in front of him.

señor agustin was shaking at this point, but mirabel managed to cover up for him.

she passed the cream to me, expecting that i pass it to her sister who only glowered suspiciously and curiously at us.

her temper has always been bad. well, the real her, atleast.

once i made my move to pass the cream to her, her angry expression dissipated a bit, a calm, almost worried expression was on her face.

is she still worried that i'd tell on her? i'm honestly not that bad.

our hands finally touched as i was passing the bowl to her.

her touch was electrifying, for some reason.

it seems that she felt it, too, as she grabbed it quickly, trying to stop what was happening.