10

"YOU SEEM TENSE,"

i mumbled, trying to break the silence.

she does seem tense. her shoulders were slightly raised, she was walking quickly, and she was avoiding my gaze.

she continued walking, looking straight in front of her.

"you'll get caught if you don't cover your face, rosemary." i said, going closer to help cover her face, if that's even possible.

she still didn't say anything but she finally slowed down.

i sighed, then stopped her to look directly at her eyes.

"look, i'll never snitch on you. honestly, i'm not that bad."

as i can finally see her slowly relax her shoulders, i walked next to her once again.

"i just...can't disappoint my family." she looked down, straying her eyes away from mine.

i was surprised. she opened up...to me? someone who is practically a stranger?

"you can't disappoint anyone. i mean, you haven't disappointed me." i bumped my shoulder to hers, trying to reassure her.

as her eyebrows scrunched, she bumped me back harder as she spoke.

"how could i disappoint you? i met you a few days ago." she said, obvious of disappointment, covered by an annoyed tone.

"i know enough for me to judge. you're imperfectly perfect, rosemary." i smirked but was surprised to see her reaction after.

she was honestly stunned. her eyes were wide open, lips were parted together. but, her eyes already spoke thousands of words.

i was confused for a split second. then, it hit me.

i widened my eyes slightly when i realized why she reacted that way.

she was probably used to people saying that she's utterly perfect. flawless, beautiful, with a gift that was just amazing as her. hearing that she was imperfect, but good enough probably came as a shock to her.

shocked enough, that the soil beneath me opened up, revealing a flower. the force was enough to send me to the floor.

she finally recovered from her stupefied state, offering her hand before trying to muster up some words.

"i'm so s-" she was cut off, however, when i took her hand and pulled her towards the ground.

"pfft," i blurted out a laugh. it wasn't my fault that she looked funny.

i mean, she looks like she was ready to kill me and the whole town.

she still looked funny to me, though.

i sensed that i'm not getting away with this so i ran away from her quickly.

it was fruitless, however when she used vines to pull me back.

i could feel my foot being pulled the wrong way, sharp pain flooding my senses as i slightly winced.

"what the-?" i exclaimed. did she just-

she stood up, fixing her dress before walking up to me. she then stood in front of me, a smirk on her face.

"an apology would probably help you get up." she said while looking down at me.

"no. rosemary, i'm actually injured. no joke." i mumbled as i tried to take out my shoes without hurting my foot anymore.

i hissed as it finally came off, revealing my foot in its swollen state.

her smirked faded away. she slowly kneeled, looking at me guiltily.

"i'm sorry," she whispered before helping me up.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

"you carry your mom's food with you? odd but understandable." i shrugged, taking a bite of the arepa.

"abuela wanted me to lose some weight for the wedding but..." she looked away, leaning on the tree behind her for support.

"you're still hungry?" i nodded in acknowledgement before handing her half of the arepa.

she took it before quietly eating.

the soft whispers of the wind was filling the silence, my heart and body relaxing as i felt my swollen foot progressively gets better.

i looked over to the girl beside me, watching her munch on the food she's holding.

i quickly looked away when she was done eating, afraid that she'd notice me staring.

i leaned back on the tree too as i ate the last bite of the arepa.

left alone with my thoughts, i closed my eyes, my mind seemed to be occupied by her.

i was right. she really is imperfectly perfect. it's saddening that she can't express this side of her everyday.

oh, right. i need to help mirabel, huh?

i need to help her.

making her open up to me is probably the first step.

i then opened my eyes only to see her already asleep.

i see. she's probably tired from everything that happened tonight.

"maybe i can let you rest for a bit." i whispered, letting her head fall on my shoulder as i looked at her face illuminated by the soft light of the moon and stars that surrounded us.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

hey !

i'm so sorry for not updating for about 2 weeks. i just felt like i needed to focus on my mental health. but honestly, not writing made my mental health even worse so i'm here now.

i'm sorry if isabela is ooc in this chapter, idk how to make her seem more canon. pls help.