9

HERE WE ARE NOW AT ANTONIO'S ROOM.

it was just like how i remembered.

this jungle-like room was spacious, a bit homey, and the air was fresh.

but, all i could enjoy remembering was her. rosemary. yeah, the golden child madrigal. she was dancing to the sound of the upbeat music. she was breathtaking, to be honest. that was one of the few moments where she was acting her true self.

too bad mariano was there to ruin it.

i focused on the people in front of me instead. mariano shouldn't ruin my mood today...or any day of my life.

"we should hurry." mirabel said nervously as she sat on her knees looking worried.

"mira, i know how important your family is to you but we shouldn't rush things." i said, trying to reassure her.

"they're right, you can't hurry the future." bruno chuckled nervously, using the sand to make a circle, making sure to avoid the capybara that got in his way.

"well, what if i show you something worse?" bruno shooed the animals in front of him, sitting down too. "if i see something you don't like, 'bruno makes bad things happen'. 'oh he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish'." he explained.

"we don't think you make bad things happen. sometimes, we just get a bad rep." mira tried cheered him up.

"you can do this." antonio suddenly interrupted, handing bruno a stuffed animal. "for the nerves," he said. he then left with his pet, leaving us three.

"you know you don't have to do this, right?" mira looked at me worriedly.

i sighed before grinning.

"mira, you dragged me into this already. i'll do it." i reassured her. "look, i'll go first, okay?" i said, trying to convince her that it was fine.

"okay," she sighed too, contended with my answer. she then left me and bruno inside the circle before wiping her hands to her skirt.

bruno did deep breaths, convincing himself that he can do this.

he then extended his hand with salt before throwing it behind him. after that, he pulled out a match that has been lit, setting the leaves on fire.

the twig placed in the leaves was on fire too. he used it to light the clumps of sand on the ground.

suddenly, everything went dark.

it was starting.

he extended his hands to me, probably wanting me to hold them. i looked at his glowing green eyes before placing my hands on his.

the sand started to rise, forming a wall between us and mira.

he opened his green eyes once again, as he looked towards a spot behind my back.

i looked behind my back too, seeing images of things that haven't happen yet.

most of them were isabela. an image of her happily reading a book. one of them was her smiling widely.

'why her?' i thought. will this really help mira?

one of the images stood out, however.

it didn't show isabela but it did show mira...and me?

i was reaching for her hand and she was reaching for mine too. she was holding something but it wasn't clear to me what that is.

another image stood out, though. it was the end of the vision, too.