6- Rainy run

Just like that, they headed out the door into the rain.

Y/n liked the rain, the smell, the sound. But never would she want to go in it for fun.

"Jesus are you sure this is our only option?" Y/n complained

The rain was coming down so hard, It looked like it might even hale.

"Too late I already gave you my hoodie which should be reason enough. Brace your self." He said and started to brace himself as well as they were about to start running in the rain.

"Come on." he reminded her.

"You know maybe this isn't-"

He grabbed her by her wrist before she even braced herself, he knew that she wouldn't do it unless he gave her a push, he wasn't planning on letting it go either.

"What are you doing?!"-

Still holding on to her wrist he started running into the rain. He could tell y/n was going to have a hard time keeping up. But they also needed to get out of the rain as soon a possible.

"TSUKISHIMA" She yelled at him while they were running in street.

"DON'T JUST WHINE PICK UP THE PACE" He yelled back.

"I WARNED YOU THIS ISN'T MY THING, NOT EVERYONE HAS LONG LEGS LIKE YOU"

"GET OVER IT"

Y/n was practically being dragged rather than running. It was clear too that they were going to be soaked by the time they get to the school.

Although he lent her his hoodie, y/n was freezing. She wondered why he let her use it, but she knew that it didn't mean as much to him as it did for her. At least she thought.

The rain just kept coming down even harder and harder, clearly they were the only ones who actually were stupid enough to run in it. The streets were filled with people with huge umbrellas.

'I wonder if he's even tired yet'

When y/n caught a glance of his face, the whole time she had been focused on her feet. His hair was wet and his glasses were foggy.

'I guess the rain really does hit taller people first'

She was so focused on the rain that she forgot he was still holding onto her wrist. But she didn't need to dwell over small details at that time, is what she told herself.

The Longer they were in the rain they more she felt her hands go numb. Some how, Tsukishima's hands stayed relatively warm. It was almost comforting, but then again she didn't enjoy being soaked.

"HEY! How much longer my legs might give out!"

"You're being dramatic! We're almost there."

Y/n would have complained more, but she figured she would be even more out of breath in the end. She just needed to hang in there she reminded herself.

"This next turn is the school so pick up the pace so we can get there sooner!"

Which she did, at least she did her best. Y/n really wasn't kidding when she said her mile time was horrible. 

As they approached the turn that would lead them to the school, she felt nothing but excitement. 

'Finally! Band!'

Still the two of them ran even when they got in the school. They were still running, and still, he had her her wrist in his hand.

"The band room! Finally!" y/n said, you could tell the excitement in her voice.

Daichi heard them from all the way down the hall, they're squeaky sneakers on the school floor, the stomping from running. No one could have missed hearing them. 

Before they even knocked Daichi opened the door.

"What happened to you two!?"

"Long story" The blonde responded.

Hinata and Nishinoya came over to see them after they heard Daichi, they just stood there for a second before they spoke.

"You guys are here!" exclaimed Nishinoya.

Y/n didn't even respond she was so out of breath, she could feel her legs about to give out.

"Tsukishima why are you holding y/n's wrist" Hinata said in confusion.

If he was being honest, he hadn't noticed he was still holding her wrist, it felt natural. But no way was he ver going to admit it. Maybe not even to himself.

He held up his hand which had her wrist. 

"Oh this, she couldn't keep up without me dragging her." he chuckled as he let it go at the same time.

It was clear that he was trying to make an excuse, maybe it was true in a sense. But then again, he could have let it go when they got to the school.

None of them questioned the reasoning behind it either, not even y/n. She was just as convinced.

"Lets get you too dried up.." Daichi directed them to seats as Asahi went to go get them towels.

Y/n finally had a second to think. 

For a second, she missed the run, or maybe she missed the feeling of a certain someones company...

---------------------------END OF CH 6------------------------------

To be continued...