➼ The Chosen Individuals.

Nearby Kuru Borders ⎯ in a forest

It was the last day the royals princes of Hastinapura would spend in their Gurukula. They were all spending time reminiscing the past years as some part of the childhood had been spend in the hermitage. Among these princes, a set of five stood apart and they were moving towards the forest, which surrounded them at all sides. 

"Where do you think those Pandavas are going?" asked a curious voice, not hiding his dislike for them. 

"Why don't we follow them and see?" answered another equally curious voice, minus the dislike tone. 

Both the males followed behind the other five stealthily. 

There were two sets of cousins amongst these princes - Kauravas and Pandavas. Kauravas where the hundred children of the current reigning monarch of the Kuru Kingdom Maharaja Dhritarashtra and the Pandavas were the five children of the late Maharaja Pandu, who happened to be Dhritarashtra's younger brother. 

The eldest of the Kauravas(as they were addressed) was Duryodhana, sometimes called Suyodhana happened to be the one following the Pandavas. With him was the only son of Acharya Drona, Ashwathama, who was the only person to be friends with both sets of cousins. 

On the other hand, the eldest of the five Pandavas, named Yuddhisthira was frowning as he looked around. He was tense to sense an energy of immense power nearby. 

"Arjuna!" He called to the middle of the five brothers. 

A youth of dark complexion and hypnotizing copper eyes glanced back at once, calling out with a steady voice, " Yes Jyesht?"

Yuddhisthira replied, "Bring the twins. I sense something."

Arjuna tensed immediately. Sharp eyes and honed senses startled tinkling as he sensed the same power and energy. A loud 'snap' bought his tensed eyes towards his left. He blinked to see his eldest cousin, Duryodhana and their friend, Guruputra Ashwathama coming towards them.

"Did you sense it too, Arjuna?" asked Ashwathama, as he came to stand beside him. 

Both of them had felt the same swirling energy encompassing the area they were in and had decided (or rather Duryodhana had been convinced) to join the Pandavas rather than staying hidden. If there was a danger, together they could be the best offense or defense.

"Yes," nodded Arjuna as he quickly called out his younger brothers, the children of Rani Madri, Nakula and Sahadeva. The twins joined them, glancing warily at Duryodhana, but otherwise staying silent at his presence.

"Jyesht!" called Arjuna again, "We are here."

Yuddhisthira calmly walked towards his other brothers and following him was the hulky stature of Bhimsena, the second oldest of the Pandavas. Bhimsena gave a small frown at noticing his cousin, but at the sharp look of Yuddhisthira, kept his grumbles to himself.

"Duryodhana," Yuddhisthira nodded at his younger cousin, while giving a small smile at their friend, "Ashwathama. Do you have any idea regarding this energy?"

"The energy is rather potent," mussed Ashwathama, after returning the eldest Pandava's smile, "Shall we go towards it?"

"Will that be wise?" asked Nakula, his cautious glance addressing his eldest brother.

"Perhaps not," agreed Yuddhisthira, "But do we have a choice? Do you not feel the call of this power?"

"I suppose," said a reluctant Nakula, still not keen to check this out.

"What if it's a trap?" This time it was Duryodhana who spoke, his eyes assessing his cousin brothers.

"It may be," replied Yuddhisthira, "yet I don't think anyone else can feel this power radiating like us. If they could then your brothers, Duryodhana, would have already found us here."

"Or even Pitashri," said Ashwathama, his brows furrowed thoughtful, "Let's just go and see."

After much reluctant agreement of the rest, they moved as one towards the source (or where they think it would be). Ashwathama made sure to be by Duryodhana, for he knew his other friend would not comfortable to be beside the Pandavas.

They soon came upon a shocking sight. Standing on a small groove of trees, was a machine they have never seen in their life. Unknowingly they went towards it. Curiosity and an urge to learn what it was, running rampant amidst them.  

"What is that!?" said Bheem, in awe of the huge thing that gave of such power.

The moment they went inside the groove and nearer to the machine, a blue shield was created. It engulfed them and the groove completely. 

The princes and the lone Brahmin glanced amongst each other in surprise and trepidation.

Somewhere else, Dwarkadeesh smiled mischievously.

So, here is the next chapter. How was it?

Target  30 votes. Yes, I'll update the moment the votes are reached.