➼ The Turmoil-filled days

☬ Anga | Karna's Chambers ☬

There was a significant issue at hand, one that would typically amuse Nakula. He might have even taken the opportunity to tease his older brother about the predicament he had unknowingly found himself in.

However, given the current circumstances, Nakula was acutely aware that this situation could pose serious complications for them, particularly if there was an Asura wandering around the kingdom.

His elder brother had certain plans in motion, and amidst managing those pre-existing schemes, this minor predicament could either cause problems or potentially serve as a diversion.

Under these uncertain circumstances, anything was possible.

In an effort to ensure that things continued to run as smoothly as possible, the eldest son of Madri was on his way to his brother's chambers.

His bhaiya has plans. Amidst dealing with those plans already in place, this little predicament could create a bit of a problem.

He had already discreetly conveyed a message to his brothers, friend, and cousins, requesting their presence at his elder brother's chambers for what he claimed was a dinner celebration.

It was to celebrate the thought provoking court sessions that they had witnessed in these few days.

That was the excuse he had given. Not the truth.

"Finally, he is here," Arjun exclaimed with a smile, signaling Nakula to join him in the empty seat beside him as soon as he entered the room.

Nakula attempted a smile in return and motioned for the servants to leave the room. However, his serious expression, the forced nature of his smile, and the unease in his eyes had already captured the attention of everyone in the room.

They observed in hushed silence as Nakula shut the chamber doors and drew the heavy silk curtains around the room.

"Nakula." His bhaiya's voice softened, a tinge of concern evident as he inquired, "What is the matter, little one?"

He turned to face his audience, his gaze shifting from the concerned expressions of his brothers, the inquisitive looks of his cousins, and the lone contemplative expression on his friend's face.

Nakula settled into the seat Arjun had offered, taking a moment to compose his thoughts into a coherent sentence.

"I overheard Maharajah Harasimba," he began.

"Okay?" Karna raised an eyebrow, "That's not a big deal. As long as you don't get caught, I'll happily turn a blind eye to any eavesdropping that may occur in my palace."

Yuddhisthira looked amused at those words, but Duryodhana replied, "Aren't you supposed to say the opposite?"

"As much as feigning sainthood has its merits, my acting skills have their limits, Suyo," Karna replied with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I must confess that I'm far too emotional, and acting demands a finesse I sorely lack."

"Let those who have witnessed your performances be the judges, Vasusena," Ashwathama chimed in with an eye roll. "No one would believe that the stern, fearsome Anga Naresh could be this emotional, dramatic, love-stricken fool who sits here with us. In fact, they might deem us insane if we were to say so."

Karna blinked, his voice filled with bafflement, "Love-stricken?"

"Yes," a small smirk graced Ashwathama's lips as he playfully teased, the way only close friends could. "You still haven't mustered the courage to confess to Avdheshwari, have you?"