➼ Fiasco III

დ || ――― ||დ

An Announcement ― 

If you've read the 'Disclaimer', you would know that this is a re-invented version of two books (both mine, obviously) which I had published in my previous (now deleted) Watty account. 

Now, I've been pondering (after being requested) that whether I should re-publish those two books too (although they'll not be completed ― as I'm already doing that in Twisted Time).

I want your opinion on this. 

Will you read them too, if I publish them again?

 Don't get confused, please.

 In case you've questions, you're more than welcomed to ask.

Now, let's get back to the story!

Stay safe and happy!

Sayonara.

დ || ――― ||დ

Anga — Under the starry night sky 

"You look worried."

Karna stiffened before relaxing as the familiar scent of jasmine tickled his nostrils. He sighed, patting the seat beside him as he shifted to make space on the flat rock he had been sitting on.

"I am," He murmured as she took a seat beside him on the open pavillion in the garden of the palace, as he griped about the one thing that has been on his mind for the entire day, "I don't want to be the king and everyone is treating me as such."

"What is the trouble in that?" asked Sanchali, eyes taking in his tense posture and stressed look, "I hope you do realize that after killing Jarasandha, by default you're the King of Anga as well as Magadh."

"I am not a King," He repeated, "I am a simple commoner, who happens to be a Devputra. I don't know how to be a royal or behave pompously or sit on the throne or wear such heavy jewels and dresses – they aren't me Ramaa!"

"Your definition of royalty is very screwed," replied Sanchi promptly.

"Abhar apka!" Karna retorted sarcastically.

He was trying to think of some ways to get out of this – almost desperately as his mind took him to the various plots and planning that happened amongst the royalty of Hastinapura or the time when Yuddhisthira looked so done with the politics and expectations or how any relationship between his both sets of brothers were fragile due to the throne – He did not have any good example of royalty, yet although desperate Karna's voice was hesitant as he asked, "Gurudev said you're a learned woman and your advice is valuable. Please advise me regarding this. I cannot think of myself as a King."

Sanchali turned a critical eye – clucking her tongue and giving an exhausted sigh – She replied, "What is the work of the King, Radhaputra?"

"Serving the people and upholding the law. Protecting his subjects and punishing the wrongdoers. Siding with the truth and the just. Keeping discipline and order in the society is also one of his task," He responded bewilderingly.

"Then answer me, Who is the King of the Kingdom? The one who sits on the throne or someone else?"

Sanchali's question stumped him. Karna looked at her before thinking his answer through. As he continued to think, his Gurudeva's words made an entry.