The One In the Tank

New Perspective- Panic! At the Disco

The last few minutes at the airport driveway are always the worst.

I held Monroe's hug for what seemed like ages and it still wasn't as long as it should have been. Then I fought back the tears and neglected to say goodbye because goodbyes are what ruin the whole time.

After going through security, I found my gate and wandered around until I found an In-n-Out where I grabbed a soda. I headed back to my gate and sat down, plugging my earbuds into my phone and turning on my Pandora. The first song to come on is I Miss You by Blink-182. Figuring it would suffice my eyes began to wander the seats and noticed a group of guys sitting near the charging station across from me. One of them is wearing a Nirvana tank top and the other a Blink-182 t-shirt. Another was wearing a black V-neck and the last had bright purple-ish hair that spiked in all directions.

The one in the tank seemed to notice me looking at them and murmured something to one of his friends. I glance back down at my phone and the song had changed to New Perspective by Panic! At the Disco. When I look up, I'm surprised to see the boy who noticed me had sat down next to me. I take out my headphones and must have seemed startled because a funny look followed by a smile flashed across his face.

"Um, hi," I stumble out, trying to seem cool. "I-er, I like your shirt."

"I like yours too, love," he said in a thick and slightly goofy Australian accent. I know I have a bit of one too at this point, but hearing another one in California always surprises me. His comment made me look down at my torso and blush a bit. I guess I'd forgotten I was wearing my Green Day sweater.

"My name's Wren," I smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Wren," he says delightfully as he extends a long hand. "I'm Ashton." He had golden brown curls that fell over his face and an award winning smile that was framed with deep dimples and light hazel eyes.

"Are those your friends over there? I don't want to have bothered you or anything."

"Oh, yeah, that's Luke, Calum, and Michael. I can introduce you if you wanted? I'm sure anyone would love to meet you."

He casually grabbed my large hand with an even larger one covered in writing and bracelets and led me over to where he was originally sitting.

He was extremely tall.

As we approached, the three of them directed their attention to us and Ashton introduced me to all of them individually. Luke was the one sporting the Blink shirt and I noticed up close that he also had a lip ring and a blonde version of Monroe's quiff. Black V-neck was named Calum and smirked at me when being introduced. Michael was the one with the awesome hair and it seemed like he was pretty funny from what I could tell.

They all were tall.

Ashton told me I should come sit with them and the other three agreed, so I grabbed my bags and took a seat next to Michael with Ashton on my other side. They asked me what seat I had on the plane and I coincidentally ended up sitting with Luke and Calum to my side and Michael and Ashton behind us.

The plane had taken off and we all had settled into our seats that we'd stay in for at least 15 hours. I decided to take another a glance at Luke. When I looked, he was already there and met my gaze.

His eyes were icy, blue.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" His question caught me by surprise and I nodded.

"What types of movies do you like?" he asked while flipping through the channels provided for us on the tiny television screen between us.

"I like comedy I guess," I say, not knowing how to continue. How am I so incredibly bad at social situations?

"Cool! So do I."

I was a bit relieved when he put it on Mean Girls, but it also left me wondering why he had chosen the best chick-flick comedy of the 21st Century.

---this is so fun omigosh. YOU SHOULD ALL GO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @ mgc.lrh.afi.cth bc i mean why not.  'Finally some 5SOS!' Am i right????